Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
As Elvis would say....."Thank you very much!"

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Been thinking about buying a small air compressor for casual use. Anyone have opinions on whether something like this would be useful for causal air tool use? Running an air impact wrench to take off wheels and similar? Don't want to get the standard large tank air compressor so that's my reason for the small guy.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Main use would be an impact wrench for wheel lug nuts and things like that. Not interested in a paint spray gun at this time although I wonder about HVLP spray gun uses. Might work for that. Don't have a 20 amp outlet in storage that's why I'm trying to work with a low amp unit.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Remember...I'm working from a storage unit with a simple overhead light bulb socket for an electricity source. The compressor I showed doesn't have a giganormous amp draw so that's why I showed it. Any other possibilities are appreciated.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
If you're looking for impact use in the storage uni, I'd go with one of the 19.2v impact units from Sears, honestly.
Actually I've got a DeWalt 300+ ft/lb cordless unit coming that will work with my current batteries. This compressor like I said would be casual use and might serve more than one purpose. Just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have a 24 volt cordless impact wrench, and it works great for taking off lug nuts, as long as the shop has not over torqued them.
Takes me only seconds to take off a wheel with it.

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,631 Posts
Infinity Kappas have been ordered and are on the way! w00t!!
Ah ****, too late. I've got a complete set of Kappa's not being used.

·
Registered
14,942 Posts
Try that cordless impact out first, you'll be pleasantly surprised by that mighty tool. That small air comp will run smaller air tools, doubt if it's got enough ass for a 1/2" drive impact. I use mine a lot just for an air gun (blowing off crap or blowing off a dirty floor). It will drive most small to medium nail guns.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
That compressor has a air delivery of only 2.5 SCFM @ 90 PSI, 3.4 SCFM @ 40 PSI and most all the impacts iv seen require much more to function properly.

As far as a spay gun goes i dont think it will even run a low CFM gun at those pressures.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Guess something more like this? $114.99.

Air delivery: 4.5 SCFM @ 90 PSI, 5.5 SCFM @ 40 PSI

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Sent you a PM Fred!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Attack of the Ducks!! Run For It!! These little guys came at me when I went outside to do a few things to Project Ricer. Had to wait about 5 minutes while they cleared out so I didn't step on any of them!

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Attack of the Ducks!! Run For It!! These little guys came at me when I went outside to do a few things to Project Ricer. Had to wait about 5 minutes while they cleared out so I didn't step on any of them!

BWAAHAHAHHHAHHHAHA

OMG - They are so CUTE!

61 - 80 of 8336 Posts