DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

8321 - 8336 of 8336 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
50,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,322
Sold two more desktop PCs on Eghey yesterday. Already paid for and shipping labels have been printed.

Listing a couple more Windows desktop PCs now and one Apple Mac Mini.

Just a selling Foo!

·
Registered
14,984 Posts
Did you get that sub in yesterday?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,325
Checking with a guy on LX forums that specializes in making wiring harnesses to install OEM Kicker Thubs in the LX cars.

I'm asking him to fabricate a replacement wiring harness that will connect like OEM on the car side with "bare" wires at the other end.

That way I can remove the OEM Kicker thub and wiring harness and install the aftermarket Cadence with tearing up the OEM wiring. Waiting to hear back from him.

Saw an install of a Solo Baric L7 with amp in his thread and contacted him.

The Cadence is wayyyyyyy below the Solo Baric so we'll see.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,326
That would be Chief Procrastinator!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,327
Don't forget I'm attempting to go from a 10" thub to a 12" thub.

10" Kicker is a sealed box. Cadence 12" is a ported box. I want the cargo cover to fit over the thub box with no issues. I guess the major deal is whether I lay the thub box down and how I secure it.

The OEM Kicker is bolted in and not movable.

·
Registered
14,984 Posts
When I secure a sub box, I use L brackets from the hardware store. Layout where you think 2 or 3 L brackets should go and then make certain the screws will not penetrate anything but sheet metal (i.e. brake line, spare tire, etc) Use the smallest length screw, pre-drill the hole.

After the sub box is secured, remove each bracket and paint them to match the carpet color. This will soft tone them, also paint the screw heads.

Re-install the brackets and they won't stand out.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,329
Problem with that is I have an OEM Mopar Cargo Mat under the Kicker Sub box. The OEM mounting is above the edge of the cargo mat so it doesn't interfere. Problem is you need a wrench or screw driver to unbolt the bracket(s) fro the sub box. I need to take a closer look at the OEM system and see what I can do. The drivers side rear seat back folds down but you can't move the sub box. Maybe replace the hardware fasteners with thumb screws or bolts with knobs on them.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,330
I'll need to take some pictures of the fastening system behind the sub box.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,331
Also I think the amp is actually inside the sub box...not in the car interior. I need to verify that. If it's in the car interior it's got to be under one of the front seats.

With the Cadence the amp is outside the box integrated into the lower side of the box.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,333
Mainly been posting updates in the Hooer thread....to a limited audience.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,334
Wonder what I can get for the Ricer from the Junk yard if I strip it down?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,335
$500?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,336
It's a "Death Trap" after all! LOL!

8321 - 8336 of 8336 Posts