DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

101 - 120 of 8336 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Door speaker upgrade is done today! From JBL GTO to Infinity Kappas.

Before:

After:

A noticeable but not dramatic difference. A step in the right direction. I need to fabricate a surround plate behind the speaker that covers the white retainers for the original speakers. Or just black them up with a Sharpie or paint them. They're visible behind the grilles.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Also upgrading my sound system in the coming weeks.
I know you have a sub/amp, but if you're looking for a fantastic 4 chan amp for good money, go with the Kenwood XR4S. 120watts/channel RMS, all digital power. Just ordered mine along with some KFCX1730P components for the front, and KFCX693 3-way speakers for the back. Great set of speakers, and not too bad of a price either.

the upgrades are looking great Ron.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #104 (Edited)
Looks good, Ron. Sure those weren't JBL GTFOs? *har!*
LOL! The JBL GTO 527s were actually pretty good speakers. Better than stock Infinity. Need to order some Kappas for the rear deck and I'll be styling!

They have adjustable Tweeter angles and a switch for a 3db difference on the tweeter. They'll be for sale with the JBL amps I had in there.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Also upgrading my sound system in the coming weeks.
I know you have a sub/amp, but if you're looking for a fantastic 4 chan amp for good money, go with the Kenwood XR4S. 120watts/channel RMS, all digital power. Just ordered mine along with some KFCX1730P components for the front, and KFCX693 3-way speakers for the back. Great set of speakers, and not too bad of a price either.

the upgrades are looking great Ron.
Thanks but I already have this Blaupunkt dual amp setup installed. Got them at a very decent price.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
my vote is for the Concorde Cluster,, I just think its classy looking
I'm going to put the Special cluster in just to see what it does. The R/T has ABS but I'm not sure about Traction Control. The TracControl button in the 300m dash isn't connected! Thanks to the original owner. Another hacked up job at wiring. I'll be able to see if there's any warning lights that come on and verify the rest of the cluster is functional in case I go to sell it.

Tough call when I go to the Taupe/Light Taupe interior. The Concorde cluster might look out of place because of the contrasting colors. It looks great with the Slate 300m dash in there now though. We'll see as this progresses.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
If you decide not to use that Special cluster, Id be interested in it if you're interested in selling it.

Unless of course you meant you were just trying out the cluster from your Special, and not that you had an extra one lying around.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
The Special cluster is a spare I have. Also have a 150 mph Police cluster. The 300m Special is stock except for the LHS amp in the trunk and an RB1/6 Disc Changer upgrade. Not taking any parts out of it. Everything works on it and I don't want to screw anything up by swapping other parts out for it! LOL!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Also installed a Metra Chrome mast power antenna today! W00t! $36.37 and keeps the ass end of the car looking clean when it's not powered on and extended. Need to take a few pictures of that.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Thinking the Monroe Quickstruts I have new in boxes for all 4 corners of the R/T might've been a mistake! I think I can salvage the fronts with the OEM strut mounts I already have and OEM Bearing/Seats on the way.

The rears should be good as is. Thinking about putting the OEM R/T springs I got with car on the Quickstruts. It's currently sitting on Eibach lowering srings which pisses me off to no end for the ride!!

·
Registered
14,942 Posts
Thinking the Monroe Quickstruts I have new in boxes for all 4 corners of the R/T might've been a mistake! I think I can salvage the fronts with the OEM strut mounts I already have and OEM Bearing/Seats on the way.

The rears should be good as is. Thinking about putting the OEM R/T springs I got with car on the Quickstruts. It's currently sitting on Eibach lowering srings which pisses me off to no end for the ride!!
You should be fine once you swap out those bearings from the Quickstruts with the factory ones. You'll need a spring compressor and a strong arm to break that strut nut free. Afterwards, those struts should be fine.

Dang, Ron is finally putting parts on the car.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #113 (Edited)
As soon a I get my Infinity rear deck speakers in...I'll have a a complete set of JBL GTO speakers and adapters for a 2nd gen(most likely fit a 1st gen) along with two JBL amps and a Knuconceptz install kit for sale....stay tuned! If you're interested in advance on any or all of these components let me know with a PM. Amps are model #s CS60.2 and CS60.4. 2 and 4 channel amps Bridgeable. I have the original box and materials for the CS60.4 only. Will include the printed manuals/spec sheets for both amps. I prefer to sell all 4 speakers/2 amps/Wiring kit as one decently priced package.

Here's the amps as they were installed:

JBL Subwoofer in the center is unavailable.....it went North with those seats!

These are the JBL GTO527 5 1/4" 2 way speakers with adapter rings that will be available:

Tweeters pivot for angle and they have a slide switch for -3 db on them to tone them down.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Not sure what your question implied. A hole was cut in the area of the fold down arm rest sized to fit the subwoofer. 8" was the max size for the opening.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Oh, I gotcha. Didn't know how deep into the seat that sub sat. So, it just fired into the opening where the folded down armrest was then... With the armrest up, it was muffled, with the armrest down, it was exposed. No box, just free air, and no foam or padding was cut, just the backing of the armrest opening, right?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Looked like this from the other side. Arm rest was down most of the time. Arm rest flipped up to hide the subwoofer. That way anyone looking in the windows wouldn't see anything.

101 - 120 of 8336 Posts