DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
the only ones you are going to find are HID bulb conversion kits

what this means is that you will have 9007 style HID bulbs that replace your OEM bulbs, the downside to this is that your headlight assemblies were never meant for HID use and worse are probably pretty well worn/dulled by now

Bottom line you won't have true HID light output on your car unless you do some serious body work and retrofit in the whole assembly from another car that came with them from the factory

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In another post i said that i was going to take a set of audi a4 hid projectors i have and retrofit them to my current headlights. I just wanted to see if anyone has found any aftermarket halogen projector headlights for these cars because it makes it easier to do my mod cause i can just swap projectors. By the way, anything you want to know about hid ask me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No see, i didnt ask where to buy hid's i asked where to buy projector (aftermarket) headlights. Just because i said projector does not mean i am referring to hid. I was talking about the same type of lights that you see on some honda's and **** the aftermarket halogen ones.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ah, aftermarket projector headlamp kit, how glorious that would be...

I've only seen DI.net poster AdamN do the same thing, rig a home-made projector lamp set-up for first-gens. I'd love to see reports on how it goes if you go the A4 projector route; maybe then I'd hafta emulate ya on that mod.

·
Registered
247 Posts
geeze, we need somthing like that for the 2nd gen. im surprized they never came factory

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey Hawk, did anything ever come of this intended projector lamp mod?

·
Registered
95 Posts
:smacks forehead: Doh!

Sorry to hear, man. Hope your new one works out for you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. Hey since i seem to have sparked some interest in projectors, if anyone wants me to perform an oem projector retrofit in thier cars lemme know. To contact me click the link in my sig...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts