DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very seriously considering modifying my headlights to have projectors in them. I have found the projectors that I intend to use, but have a few thoughts. I am looking for feedback since I don't think that anybody here has done this. I know it would be possible to find a projector that will fit, and as I said before I think I know which projectors I would be using. My big concern is the back end of the headlight. I don't know if the projector would come back as far as the halogen housings do, so I am a little concerned about the fitment of the back end ot the projectors. I know that this will require heavy modifying of my headlights, but I think it is very possible. Can anybody think of anything that might be an issue that I have not thought of? I also plan to add projectors to my foglights, thanks to IS300M for remotivating this idea for a mod, LOL. I have also toyed with the thought of adding "angel eyes" to bothe the fogs and the four headlight beams. I have not decided if I will try to fit projectors into the high beams yet though. I guess that means that I am going to need a set of headlights and fogs to play with! Is there anybody else considering this mod? I know that TFC said he was, but I have not heard anything else since.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Yep go check out hidplanet

You should probably try the fogs first just to get a conversion under your belt. It will be cheaper too if you plan to purchase a practice housing.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was leaning toward the Bosch projectors. IDK why. I don't have a junk yard around my hosue so I am going to have to go through other avenues. I would like to get a nice set to experiment on though. I am just curoius about how the projectors will fit. Well I might be coming into some money soon so I guess we shall see.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping that someone who has had their headlights apart would post here. Either way I am going to try this. I am thinking that those Bosch projectors would work very nicely. I will probably have some fitment issues with the back of the headlight. I figure that there will now be a hole of some sort that needs to be covered, but not permanently. I think that I posted this thread on the wrong forum, LOL.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After looking into this I think that the Valeo projectors might be a better decision for me. I already have HID in my car so I would like to avoid buying an all new kit if I can. The Bosch projectors are D2S bulbs and the Valeo's use H7. I might only have to replace the bulbs if I go with the Valeos. I do have to say that the hidplanet site is incredible. They have pretty much anything that you could want to know there. They even have a retrofit walkthrough that is general enough to work for any car. The hardest part, at least to me, seems like it would be finding and fitting a bezel and shroud to the projectors. Well I think that it is time to play with the fogs...if that goes well I guess it is on to the high and low beams!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well after thinking about this even more I had some concerns. I think that the reflective part of the headlights might detract from the effectivness of the projectors. So I figured that since I will have a headlight torn down I could just paint the reflective portion of the low beam area matte black. But, then that would look dumb because then I would have half of the housing painted and the other would still be reflective. So the solution to that issue is that I need to convert the high beams over to projectors as well. Well I had a tough time finding a solution that would solve all of these problems at once. Well after some searching on eBay I found exactly what I was looking for. There is a guy who sells a crap load of headlights, and I saw exactly what I needed. I found two headlights from a Crossfire. The headlights of the Crossfire have two H7 projectors, and the inside is black. So if I can obtain these I will have all of the projectors I need, and I will not have to worry about designing shrouds or bezels! And if the auction goes well I will end up spending less than I had intended to spend on a set of Valeo projectors from hidplanet! I am really happy with how this project is coming together.

Is anybody else actually going to retrofit projectors into their headlights? If so I would like to start a new thread about the conversion where everybody could use as kind of an FAQ. If the install goes really well I might write up a how-to on the subject. If there is interest in such a thing let me know.

·
Registered
198 Posts
qp_20 said:
Is anybody else actually going to retrofit projectors into their headlights? If so I would like to start a new thread about the conversion where everybody could use as kind of an FAQ. If the install goes really well I might write up a how-to on the subject. If there is interest in such a thing let me know.

definitly :-D include like parts list and all that jazz lol if i find the time to do this im def gonna had halos AKA angel eyes to em....turn the trep into a beamer lol

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I might be able to get my hands on a set of 300M Special projecter innereds (Ballast, bulbs, and projector housing). But Their lenght is about 6.5"

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
300Michael said:
I might be able to get my hands on a set of 300M Special projecter innereds (Ballast, bulbs, and projector housing). But Their lenght is about 6.5"
Do you have a "projected" price on the pieces? I need one set, but would take both possibly.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes I just did as a matter of fact! I have one trep light, two crossfire lights, and a set of fog light projectors already in the mail. I guess it is now a race with TFC to see who can create the first set of Intrepid projector heallights...I have faith that he will beat me, LOL.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts