DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My insurance company never gave me the discount for my anti-lock brakes. My agent said they need proof of ABS because my 95 Intrepid base model didn't come standard with the car. I don't have the original window sticker, nor the bill of sale for the car. Any ideas? Could i go to any dodge or chrysler dealer and have them run my VIN# for me?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Yes, you should be able to do that..

I believe Carfax also gives an explanation of your VIN as well.

I would expect that to be sufficient.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Bring them into the car..... race up to 100mph, find a wet spot, and BRAKE like a mother ****er!

That'll scare the life into them. :)

·
Registered
962 Posts
Or you could show your insurance dude the little ABS light on your dash when you start your car.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Intrepid99 said:
carfax will not tell you what features a car has based on the VIN, only the title & history of the car.
Really? I thought it did.... That's lame..

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
The insurance company can run the VIN also and find out what the car has/doesn't have. Sounds like your agent may be acting a little lazy on you...

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i went to a nearby chrysler dealer and the guy ran the VIN for me and gave me a complete list of all my cars options, pretty cool actually :) Just gotta fax that over to my agent! Lazy ***** lol

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Who is your lamo insurance company?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have colonial penn (GE property & casualty ins. co.). I am assigned risk (i'm 20) and i pay 1800 a year to insure my trep :)

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
For that price they are too lazy to look up your VIN? :)

·
Registered
638 Posts
EvilDeadFan said:
Bring them into the car..... race up to 100mph, find a wet spot, and BRAKE like a mother ****er!

Hell yeah!!! Then crank the wheel to show how you can "maintain control" ... just make sure you cover your seats with plastic first. :p

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
EvilDeadFan said:

lol, i have a 3.3 so it really wouldnt be RACING to 100mph, but sounds like a good idea :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
insurance is the BIGGEST LEGAL SCAM IN THE WORLD

im 99.9% sure he did that purposely to make more money, i hate insurance companies with the passion.

He's not being lazy, he knows the only way you are going to get it is to prove it...

·
Registered
266 Posts
$1800 a year is expensive?? Try $4,380 :eek: and I'm 29 years old and married with 2 minor tickets (15 over) in the past 3 years. Insurance is the biggest facist scam around! BAHH! :mad:

Jason

1 - 18 of 18 Posts