DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHat kind of protectant do you guys use on your dash and interior panels? Where do you get it?

Armor-All sucks, I know that much, and I use to use Meguiars, but I can't get it anymore.

Thanks!

:alien:

·
Registered
866 Posts
I used a plastic-lamination machine. It was a small one, so it fit inside the car well. I coated every square inch of interior surface with it. It's a little tricky on the vertical surfaces to coat it enough without getting runs untill it dries and hardens, but I found a hairdryer sped up the setting up process. I had to make sure the cd player was on my favorite song, on my favorite cd, and pushed the repeat button brfore coating the radio, because, ya know, it's impossible to change it now that the laminant set up, and got all hard and stuff. The next big decision....A/C on or not? If you lived in southern CA or someplace with a climate like that, it's no big deal....AC, full blast. Ditto for cold climates...heat, full blast. Because, again, after the laminant coating, you will not be able to move the controls.

The plus side is that now with just a quick wipe using a damp rag, it comes clean and shinny! I am writing this from my laptop, because....well ummm....I sorta laminated my door panels, without considering how I would get out afterwards.

Somebody please come help me....please?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I use a Pledge Grab it wipe

they are made to wipe dry and just attract all the dust and crap they touch

a bonus is the fact that they leave the surface static free so the dust doesnt come right back and are shaped like a mitten so they are easy to use I just keep one in the glovebox for quick tidy-ups

they can be found at any grocery store and are pretty damn cheap, I told the wife I bought them to keep my new entertainment center dust free (the car use remains our little secret)

·
Registered
973 Posts
I hate Armor-all, BUT they have a low shine type that does well and it gives UV protection. That is berry berry important here because of the sun being so strong ALL year long.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I use formula 2001 for the doors and everything except for the dashboard, use the california car duster for the dash ( I live in Canada, it's no good for the outside of the car cause it gets DIRTY, not DUSTY :) )

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
joekd said:
(the car use remains our little secret)
Your secret is safe. :wink:

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Meguires wipes. I used to use armorall. But I got tired of it not doing a good job. Hey Randy: Did you say water? Does it do a good job. Pour it on a sponge and go to town?

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
MoparHead said:
WHat kind of protectant do you guys use on your dash and interior panels? Where do you get it?

Armor-All sucks, I know that much, and I use to use Meguiars, but I can't get it anymore.

Thanks!

:alien:
What Meguiar's stuff did you use? I order all my Meguiar's stuff online now so I don't have to drive all over town looking for it. Typically I use a Swiffer to clean the dust away and then a foam pad to apply a little Meguiar's Natural Shine. A quick wipe with a cloth after about 30 minutes takes care of any shinny glare that may appear. I'm considering trying the new Meguiar's Wipes tho...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts