DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i have a donor light switch, Thanks again Phil (UnreaL).

I was playing around with it last night. Took it all apart. The circuit board is actually identical on both sides, the dimmer and the right side where it blank yet the European models would have a headlight adjuster there.

I was wondering if anyone has come across the euro switch. I would like to find out what they have setup in that slot. (electrical setup) They have open soldering points so im guessing its wired up to the current socket.

IF anybody can confirm this (EU owners) that would be great.

Im trying to find all of the loopholes for this function. Its also gotta have motor leads somewhere in the vehicle.

I can get more pics of the region im looking at if you guys wanna see it.
BTW: im working to get these switches to accept levelling motors for the front headlights. (manual levelling, later, auto)

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
r0meo021 said:
I have NO CLUE what you are talking about
LOL>..

European 300ms came with manual levelling or auto (not 100% sure) halogen projectors. They use the same light switch components as the US. However the US are missing the adjustment knob and the circuitry. The dimmer wheel can be used as the adjustment knob but the circuit needs to be installed. Ill get more pics later for you guys. Its just a generic headlight switch.. u kno the ones ppl convert to AUTO.

·
Registered
646 Posts
That would be sweet if you could rig an intrepids headlights to not only not break off, but have a motor adjustment, I'd have to send you a trophy in the mail for a job well done.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats the plan. LOL ... ill need some input from you guys. ill take care of the electronics and the headlight motor linkages. I just need to find out about the components of headlight switch + i wonder if the car BCM has headlight motor wiring setup (in our cars). IF it did that would be awesome, otherwise i can always rewire them.

·
Registered
165 Posts
this sounds like an awesome idea if you can get it to work...i didnt know the euro's even had the auto-leveling

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats what i dont remember. It was either auto or manual but theres a location for a headlight function right beside the dimmer wheel. Most likely manual adjusting motors. The manual calls them headlight levelling motors. But doesnt specify if its auto/manual.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I'm jsut taking a swing based on a picture of one of these euro switch I saw a while back on EBAY, but I believe that they are manual, where you can choose 3 diferent levels of lighting

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya they have 3 settings, you can see them on the PWM.

I dont know how the wiring is done on the BCM tho. They may share the same BCM???

Like how do ppl that dont have fogs wire them up??? The switch will turn on fogs, but there are no power wires, do they draw them from the fuse box? I wonder if there are any wires that will control these motors, each motor uses 4 wires since its a step motor with no set point.

BTW: how much was that euro light switch on ebay. Id be interested in getting one to figure out how to conver the regular/ES ones into it. If its just in terms of wiring it may not be that bad, if the current chip takes care of that. Although OMG,,, they use the seat memory module. I gotta get one of those just in case these guys work together... TFC should have one.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unreal said:
Anytime bro, let me know if you need another one. LOL.
Im good so far with this one, Unreal once you get ur fogs.... you should mod your switches for fogs.. Its really easy, just cut that bottom leg that wont let the switch pull out.

BTW where are you running the fog power wires from? I might take a peak at the power wires and see if i can find any loose pins for the motors.

I know we have a german 300m here somewhere, i wonder if he could get the me pics and the headlight wire socket origin?

If he sees this i hope he cues in. ANyone have his user? so i can PM Him

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
stroise said:
very slick to use a computer power supply for the 12 volts LOLOL
u mean to power up the switch?? im using a small ma battery so i dont blow the pc motors im currently using. They are just stepper motors. My board keeps on frying. They cant take the load, thats why i wanna see how this oem system works out.

Im sure all of us retro freaks would love levelling projectors and even reflectors for that matter.

Thanks again

·
Registered
374 Posts
All of the functions of the switch consist of diff values of resistance across 2 wiress to the bcm. From those resistance readings the bcm controls whats happening. The other wires are for lighting the switch and a ground and a wire for the dimmer wheel.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
swalker said:
All of the functions of the switch consist of diff values of resistance across 2 wiress to the bcm. From those resistance readings the bcm controls whats happening. The other wires are for lighting the switch and a ground and a wire for the dimmer wheel.
Gotcha..
so the levelling motor control would just be passed via 2 wires to the bcm and then the motors would basically be controlled by the headlight switch yet the brains of it all are in the BCM.

Anybody know if the US/DOT bcm has the circuits in it? From what i know the NA bcm is only different in mexico but i have no idea about europe.

MAybe TFC would know. Ill pm him about the topic.

Thanks everyone, we may crack this little idea soon enough.

CIprian

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I was just checking the 2g service manual and it doesn't make mention of the BCM having anything to do with the leveling function. It makes it sound like the switch controls the leveling modules directly by sending voltage(approx 3-9 volts). I haven't looked at the wiring diagrams yet to see if BCM is involved as the one member suggests.

*edit*
ahhh. The BCM "sends power" to the switch and the switch sends voltage to the motors? So if you provide power to the switch, it will send 3,6 or 9 volts to the switches. That "sounds" simple enough

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya but its a step motor.... its not like a light, if you use a 12V battery and 6V battery to a motor. Well first of all step motors wont even turn on a battery but a regular motor will just run slower at 6v but continuous, there has to be some sort of memory module or IC to set the low med and high point of the motors.

Step motors use start and end perimeters.

Thanks for the input everyone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts