DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I just picked up a 2002 chrysler concorde for 750 bucks a few weeks back!

are there any members in canada? also do you guys ever do cruises or meets?

·
Premium Member
16,511 Posts
There's a lot of that going around. Was it like that when you got it, or did it just happen?

People here will give you the best guidance there is.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea. Was in a parking lot. I didn't know it had been over 7 years since it was last changed. Still good for 15k km I thought :/

·
Registered
695 Posts
in a parking lot doesn't mean a whole lot, but it sounds positive(at least you were not going at high rpms) I'm not sure how to know if you have bent valves other than to take apart the motor. or at least get the head covers off.
you spoke in km. are you in Canada?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Just need to try and move the rockers if they don't move your a $30/40 belt away from it working again. I'd recommend getting the while timing kit, belt, tensioner and water pump. Look on ebay or Amazon they should be around $120

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
More like 160k km, but the 7 year limit is also real, as some have found out.

No I mean I thought the belt was good for 15k more until it needed to be replaced. It was done around 200k km and in at 297k now. So thought it would be good for 10-15 more

·
Premium Member
16,511 Posts
No I mean I thought the belt was good for 15k more until it needed to be replaced. It was done around 200k km and in at 297k now. So thought it would be good for 10-15 more
I should have realized that. I remember commenting in your other thread that I lost my 3.2 earlier this year about the same distance short of the full change interval and at a similar total vehicle distance. I wonder if the Gates belts just aren't as good as they used to be, *or* the valve train may get harder to turn with age/miles, accumulating more stress on the belt in a shorter time/distance. Could also be earlier other-part (tensioner pulley or water pump) failure doing the timing belt in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts