DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true? Can one buy a Prowler PCM for the 3.5 and use it in the Intrepid? What would the benifits be? No speed limiter? Easy to install? I've been unable to find a chip, so is this my next option?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Doesnt Superchips.com have a chip for the 3.5? I know they have one for my 3.3..

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Here's how I think it is: the Prowler PCM only works for '95 on back 3.5's, and Superchips, i think doesn't have one that'll work for all either, and a lot of people say they have no 3.5 chip at all. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In a telephone conversation with Superchip, I got a NO we don't do 96 3.5L Intrepids. I really don't need a chip. I've noticed that if I put the pedal to the floor I get shift points at 6800 rpm, but if I am just driving I get shift points at 3500 rpm. I also think that I am much better than 7.5 sec. 0-60. Anyone else got some numbers there. I would guess i'm hitting it in 5 sec. I mean I go from a dead stop pulling out of my driveway hit 60 and back to 0 at the corner red light, and it's like 1/4 mile at most. What all does a chip do anyway?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Not to call you a liar or anything, but 5 SECONDS?!?!?! What do you have done to your car that's not in your signature???

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
accelerating for 3 seconds and then turning on the watch doesn't count. intrepid r/t can barely pull of a 7.7-7.8. i would guess an old 3.5 can run low 8, maybe 8.2, 8.3

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
forgot to mention, the redline is at 6500 exactly, the tranny saves itself at anywhere from 6000 to 6300 rpms. i suggest that maybe your instrument cluster is screwed up. that could lead to a) wrong speeds (0-60 in 5 secs would be more right if the 60 displayed was actually 40 or so) and b) taching over redline. the computer absolutely WILL NOT exceed redline. it's not possible. just a question...do your other instruments all work right?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never said i put a watch to it guys, ,really ...i've done 5 Mississip and was there the other day. I just know i can get to 60 and back to 0 from my driveway to the corner, I guess I'll go get some real numbers for ya, just have to find a place that does it. I know for certain that it's quicker than 7 sec. though. I've done nothing more to my engine. But i suppose someone else could have. Or the gears or tranny maybe. I was not the original owner.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
if it tachs out over 6500 there is either something wrong with it or someone tweaked out.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks sport, I'm sure I saw that near redline before it shifted. I was trying to keep my eyes on the road too :eek: I haven't slammed it down since the other day cause I'm feeling a "slip" in the tranny now. I think the last oil change got some atf added. How often do tranny filters need replacing?

·
Registered
530 Posts
As many of you know I usually try not to comment on claims and you know why. But here it is. All these kills mean nothing to me and you may say this is crying or whatever thats nice. Show me the slip at the track, thats what counts. You might be under 7 seconds 0 to 60 if your going down a hill and have roseanne in the trunk. I have no clue what I do yet since I haven't had a chance to try our club gtech or go to bristol. Hope to soon. Don't be mad just talking my mind for once.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The slip is on the way. I don't know though. from the sound of it. Some of the people here just don't want to here it. To bad. And Roseanne would do good to use here big mouth to give me some ram air. But here weight I would preferr to keep outside of my car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts