DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how the Playstation 2 and this network thing is gonna work and will it be worth it to buy it, casue i really want to just dont know much about it

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt even think it was out yet, but the thing is, i guess its like a broadband, not would you have to pay for that service, but i guess you can even run that off your dial up, thats what i got

·
Registered
314 Posts
I bought the adapter the week it came out..

I had an existing home network, so the adaptor just plugged into the back of the PS2 and had a network cable to my router and that's it. Each game will have it's own servers. The network adaptor came with a disk to set up your ISP info and everything which then saves to your memory card. The online game out right now is SOCOM: US Navy Seals which is a first/third person shooter, which involves tons of strategy and teamwork, I have been playing it every spare moment I have. It came with a headset which you use to talk to the other people online on your team during the game which adds to the game immensely. So far, there has been little if no lag..they were working on fixing it and I haven't had any in the last few days. Sorry to babble, but yeah, in my eyes, it was well worth the money:) If anyone from this site goes online to play SOCOM, look me up, maybe we'll get a DI.net Team going on! Oh yeah, Clans play a very important part as well in this game...if you know your team can get organized and the other team can't, it's a sure win.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Almost forgot, SOCOM requires a broadband connection, but other games Sony will be bringing out will apparently work on 56K as well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how much does it cost, and did you hook it up to a dial up?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how do u get the broadband

·
Registered
314 Posts
The adaptor was $60CDN, so $40US...the game was $90 CDN and if you don't have a memory card you have to buy one as well. The adaptor also comes with a free game..Twisted Metal Black Online, but you have to mail away for it..still waiting for mine.

No, I didn't hook it up to dial up since I don't have 56K dial up, but you can do that for some games. And I am on DSL.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im down with the DI.net team but all i got is a dial up how u get broadband

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
but you can stil run it off dial up rite

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hey Randy, sounds good to me! They should be in stock by now, I know all the stores around here have it fully stocked again. Are you good at those kind of games? I can go create the clan right now, but that would make me clan leader...I dunno if you'd want to be? DI.net does belong to you after all:) I am pretty good though, the last few games I've played I've been getting MVP every time:)

And Treptacular, you have to subcribe to broadband..it'd be like cancelling your dial up and getting either DSL or cable...i pay $40/month for mine...You don't have to have a network set up to play PS2 online since you don't need the computer and it's all on the PS2 and their servers...so yeah, all you gotta do is call a DSL or cable provider in your area and get hooked up!

DI.net baby:)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Treptacular, the network adaptor is compatible with 56K but not with the SOCOM game...it will work with other games which won't need the broadband, but to play SOCOM, you're gonna need DSL or cable..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
why can u play other games with a dial up but not the kick ass game

·
Registered
314 Posts
Cause this SOCOM game has too much detail for 56K. There is 16 people at once on the screen with the scenery and background so detailed that it would not be able to be handled by a 56K. The games which will be playable on 56K will have less detail, less action and will probably handle less people..I'm talking maybe something like Tetris or Bomberman..heh, I'm not really sure what they have planned for the 56K..

1 - 20 of 39 Posts