DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You have to see this!! Some of you may hate what it looks like but the graphics are :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:
Pics

Infos and movie

P.S.: The movie is 1:50 minutes long and has alot of "jibberish" about the PS3. :confused: lol

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
I like the graphics and the games. But hell.... I just bought the new slim PS2 about a month ago or so... I am not about to go out and shell a couple benjamins for this thing.
Maybe in a couple years when it is considered "old". ;)

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
kcarlos2000 said:
Still no HD? Go with the XBox may be big and bulky but at least you can mod it to do anything you want.
i'm pretty sure i read that the ps3 comes with a removeable hard drive just like the xbox.

i say go for both. i like them both. not everyone cares about being able to mod a system (i'm sure the majority of people do not)

·
Registered
434 Posts
I own both systems now. and after this Christmas I'm sure that I'll own both of the new systems. Just gotta ask the grandparents for whichever one I want at the time.

·
Registered
881 Posts
IntrepidXJ said:
i'm pretty sure i read that the ps3 comes with a removeable hard drive just like the xbox.

i say go for both. i like them both. not everyone cares about being able to mod a system (i'm sure the majority of people do not)
Playstation 3 will have a HD ,but sony doesn't know if it is going to be standard yet. Xbox 360 will come with a 20gig HD until the 40gig that was rumored before E3.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Nice! Can't wait to get one.

On a side note, I think the sites one of two second gen LHS's should be part of "THE SILVER TREPS OF DI.NET!!!" :p

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Hopefully the PS3 will have better reliability than the PS2, XBOX just keeps running and running... my PS2 quit working like 6 months after I got it.

·
Registered
887 Posts
PS3 is gonne be the shizzle. Spec wise it's better than the xbox, and knowing the game developers that back sony it's gonna rape!!!!!!!!!
But honestly, who's going to be using the dual 1080p option? :eek:

Oh yeah... i think you'll also be looking at a $350-$399 price tag when they first come out...

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Where is the backwards compatibility? Answer: There is none.

Considering Sony's track record with putting out inferior technology to their competitors, I'm not expecting much. I remember when PS1 came out with a double speed CD-rom.......my PC had a 4x CD-Rom a year before the release date.

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Avenger said:
Where is the backwards compatibility? Answer: There is none.

Considering Sony's track record with putting out inferior technology to their competitors, I'm not expecting much. I remember when PS1 came out with a double speed CD-rom.......my PC had a 4x CD-Rom a year before the release date.
wrong. it is backwards compatible to PS2 and PS1

please compare sony PS1 to other consoles available at the time.....not PCs

show me another console using blue ray DVD in their system?

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
compatibility:

CD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)
DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

from here: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614682p1.html

btw- XBOX 360 wireless (802.11x) card is an addon. built-in PS3

from here: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/612/612995p1.html

PS3 has GB ethernet....360 only 100mbps

IMO- the blue-ray DVD format is going to give the PS3 a huge advantage......the more storage space you have, the more details that can be stored, the better the games gonna look, not to mention the size of the levels, etc....

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Did you hear about the nintendo revolution? It is backwards compatible with every console system nintendo has made... SNES, NES, N64.. all of them, just not handhelds. Also they are coming out with a new handheld thats all for graphics, probably will be better quality then psp, but of course, the thing that plagues nintendo is too many donkey kong/mario/little kid games...

-Brandon

1 - 20 of 51 Posts