DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While Randy and I were browsing the Milwaukee Auto Show today, we found this interesting concept from Chrysler.

This looks to be a concept that took over the Dodge Sidewinder sport truck from '97. While there is no family values in this vehicle, the Rep we talked to said it carries the entire, new Viper drivetrain under the hood and the floor. He said estimated horsepower was just somewhere under 500 HP, being that the 500-500-500 V-10 was "dumbed-down", so-to-speak for this application.

However, even after Randy and I begged and pleaded with this dude to pop the hood, he declined, thus preventing us from getting a shot of this awesome collaboration of a PT-sport truck and a venomous bite.

Other notables include the six-speed tranny that puts out to the rear wheels. Flanking the sides under the rocker panels are side (straight) pipes. No mufflers, no resonators, nothing. He said it was pretty loud just bringing it into the show room (imagine, with all the wall resonance).

Would I buy it if I had the money and they built it? In a heart-beat.

Pictures of this biatch can be had right here:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
This pisses me off... I've seen a pic of it, yet cant remember where.. .i swear it was in one of the last few motortrends but i've looked through the March & February one and cant find January:mad:

I really dont know how they got it to fit in their either... you can only see the "VIP" on the valve covers before the rest of the engine is hidden under the back of the hood...

i'll try to track down the pic.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
ok, so maybe i lied about only being able to see the VIP on the motor, but then again, this isn't the pic i saw before, but i think you get the picture...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
omg....
Those engineers at the Pacific facility have way too much time on their hands.

Then again..if they can do THAT to a PT cruiser, they're doing something right.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Personally, I dont really care for the truck looks on it, yet I dont think I'd give a flying **** because that thing would have more balls than the lockerroom at the superbowl...

I have read articles before about a 8.0 v-10 being shoved in a regular PT and I'm pretty sure that someone else put a 426 Hemi in one...:eek: either way i'd love to have one:biggrin:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know, looking at that picture, they had to have stuffed that thing in from under the car. That's kinda a nobrainer, but worth mentioning anyway.

And you had it the other way around, JGarrett911, you can see the IPER..hehe. Great shot, though.

Now, after discussion with Intrepid99 on AOL, what IF we took that Twin-Turbo 800 HP engine from Hennessey Motorsports for the Viper and put that in there?

I don't think the poor little truck would ever get traction....:crazy:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Actually... I didn't have it backwards - the first picture i saw of it was from the other side, therfore looking @ the other valve cover...:tongue:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Thats disappointing to hear... i was looking to buy a viper from him some in the distant future when i actually have money, but i guess I wont any more...

although, i don't think Hennessey had anything to do with the PT-10 concept

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
That thing is ugly, not as bad as the current PT, but still ugly. I always though the PT looked like a cross between a Prowler and a Herse.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts