DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its time for me to get a new car. I want something smaller then the Intrepid, but the same hp (200) or better.

Has anyone heard anything (good or bad ) about the PT Cruiser GT? :help:

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I've driven the GT Cruiser Convertable a few times, I love the way it drives, but the interior materials are somewhat cheap. Get a manual tranny if you're gonna do it :)

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I'd go for the SRT-4 as well if I was looking at hard tops........but I'd prefer the GT Cruiser Convertable to the SRT-4.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Kerplunk105 said:
Well, its time for me to get a new car. I want something smaller then the Intrepid, but the same hp (200) or better.

Has anyone heard anything (good or bad ) about the PT Cruiser GT? :help:

cmon Liz... you can do better than that!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
How about a Magnum? It's smaller than the Intrepid by .5 inches in width and about 5 inches in length. :) ...or do you mean MUCH smaller? I think the covertable PT cruiser looks ugly. That's like putting a convertable roof on a minivan. Really cuts into the storage space also. The specs on a 2006 from Car and driver: 230 hp 2.4/ 0-60 mph 6.8 secs/ 1/4 mile: 15.4 @ 92mph/ top speed: 119 mph (limiter)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I'll tell you from experience.

Before I purchased my SRT-4 I did alot of looking at both the SRT and the PT Looser. Ill give you the pros and cons of both.

SRT-4
Pros:
-Sportier.
-Better suspension, easier to buy parts for, alot more fun to drive.
-Comes with "cooler" options.
-About a second quicker than the PT Looser if I am correct.
-PT Looser doesnt have Kicker "Livin' Loud Audio System"

Cons:
-Does not come with leather.
-If your bigger you need to loose weight to get into the Viper Inspired seats.
-No power windows in the back seat.
-The ride is pretty stiff.

PT Looser GT
- Comes with leather.
- More Luxury related items.
- Convertable Option
- Automatic available.

Cons
- Not as fast as the SRT.
- Feels retarded cheap.
- Ride does not feel stiff enough.
- You look like your a grandma.

I chose the SRT-4 Neon because of the speed factor. The feel of actually driving a sports car. I also like the suspension factor and how the car has better more young person friendly options. That said the choice is yours. You'll also find the SRT-4 is alot cheaper than the GT.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
one thing to account for, that I feel favors the PT is the fact that you're way more likely to get a PT GT stock and un-mollested than you are a SRT-4.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
x_00trepes_X35 said:
This is true.

Belive it or not there are still alot of NEW SRT-4 Neons out there, you just have to look for them.

Before I bought my Special last April, I had a deposit down on a 2003 Infiniti I35. The lot that it was at had 18 SRT-4's, mostly red. All lined up, nice n neat like. They claimed to have the largest inventory of SRT-4's in New England.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
LOUD98ES said:
Before I bought my Special last April, I had a deposit down on a 2003 Infiniti I35. The lot that it was at had 18 SRT-4's, mostly red. All lined up, nice n neat like. They claimed to have the largest inventory of SRT-4's in New England.
What dealership do you speak of?

Sounds like this is the one I bought mine from. Somewhere in Massachusets?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thnaks guys. I am still debating. I really love the Magnums but cant afford one right now.

I need a car under 15k that is four doors.

I also dont ever really see any nonmolested SRT4's for sale around here :(

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Well a PT cruiser can be a nice little ride with some useful storage space, but I've noticed that a nice set of rims can make it look alot better than the stock ones can. I just don't like the convertable... I mean what's the point? Looks goofy and takes away the cargo space. Also, If you go with a non turbo, a manual will give you much better performance and gas mileage than an automatic.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts