DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well imnew here but, I really like this one, its a 96 ES 3.5l I think, and everything is mint on it at 63,000 miles and transmission feels like new, anything I should look out for replace or check if I buy this car, cause I heard of a few problems, or constantly check or fill up, just not shure since im new but the car just wants me, been sittin in lot a few months without any catches so she was lookin for a home.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes, definetly the water pump! My parents had a 96 Concorde that had water pump probs up the WAZZOO! Oh and do have the tranny checked to be on the safe side. It maybe BRAND NEW!!! You should go to www.carfax.com to find the history of your car, but with those low miles on that car, it was probably a one owner car. Usually those are well taken care of!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the help, yeah its a 1 owner, and I cant even feel the trans shiften sometimes compared to my ranger, bt thtanks for the great help Ill make sure to check all of that stuff.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
also take a peek at your inner tierod ends...the bushings tend to wearout quite frequently.

welcome to the boards.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
while your looking at the inner tie rod ends, look at the sway arm links, they will make a funny clunking noise at each bump, not expensive to change, just a pain in the butt to get out sometimes

·
Registered
256 Posts
Have a local mechanic put it up on a lift and check the underneath for leaks,stretching etc. When my mom was looking for a car she almost bought a buick century. Everything was perfect on the outside. Took it to the mechanic it had frame damage. They stretched it back out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts