I was just wondering of any weird or funny tickets you got in youre intrepid or any other car. i remember the first time i got one the cop gave me a warning and told me slow down you have a fast car he got me very happy
Til this day I haven't received a ticket in my INTREPID. I guess it helps that it's brown and that its usually driven by a person with gray hair (male or female). Im always doing at least 80 on the freeways and am always passing HIGHWAY PATROLMAN and they never bother to look. It's pretty funny when you think about it. I usually get smiles from them and a friendly nod. Knock on wood I guess!
Ive been pulled over twice, first time for careless driving, got a warning there, and the second time was for Racing and only got a warning there. I guess a third time was not a driving offence but I was parked with the woman, and cop came tappin on my door. LOL, it was quite funny. told me to take it elsewhere.
I got pulled over a week ago for.....
1. no front plate
2. my yellow taillight surrounds
3. back window sticker
4. radar detector "obstructing" view
5. things hanging on my rearview
This was all in one stop! luckily all warnings.
I've had only one ticket, speeding or otherwise, in the 5 years I've been driving.
I got it when I owned my 95 Intrepid. I was going 40 in a 25. I just wasn't watching my speed. Coincidentally, I didn't have a radar detector at that time.. I now do, and it has saved my ass from a ticket probably 4 or 5 times. It also has that VG2 technology, which is supposed to make the unit undetectable (?). I wonder if that's true or not, but the detector still saved me money (both out of pocket and insurance costs) and points on my license. It paid for itself a long time ago.
I've been pulled over three times in my life (25 years old):
1. This is when I had my 1988 Grand Voyager LE. The time is 1993 (junior year in high school). It's Friday night and the high school football game (home game) just got over. Of course the line to get out of the parking lot was long and slow. I was taking home two of my friends. We won the game so we were excited and showing off. I should tell you that the van had a luggage rack and running boards. Along with all the cars leaving the school, so where people walking. Because we are like only go 2mph down the parking lot exit, my friend in back opened the sliding door, stood on the running boards while holding onto the luggage rack with one hand and was hootin' and holaring! My friend in the front sat out of the window and started to do the same. Well, the car behind us started to flash their bright lights on and off so the friend in back flipped him off. My friend in back got back in the van and said "Uh, dude. I think their is a cop behind us." Sure enough, the car behind me was an unmarked police car. I got pulled over, but thankfully no ticket. Needless to say I was very popular in school the next day.
2. A few years back with my 1991 Sundance America. I was driving home when this cop came out of nowhere and pulled me over. It was night time. I was like why in the hell is he pulling me over. I wasn't speeding or anything. I thought I might have a burned out tail light. Aparently purple neon license plate frames are illegal in Michigan (and I just got it a month ago for x-mas). He gave me a repair-and-report ticket.
3. Basically I was caught doing 40mph in a 30 mph. This is still with my Sundance. He gave me a ticket, but only wrote it for doing 5mph over. This was a few years ago.
I think I will watch my speed extra close now just in case I jinxed myself.
I got pulled over on the interstate Christmas Eve. I was going 83 in a 70 zone. The trooper was cool and asked me if I was on my home (less then 5 miles from my exit). He let me go with a warning. Same thing happened on my way home from the racetrack earlier this summer. I was going 78 in a 55 zone (you gotta watch those Ohio State Patrol). I told the cop I was a track official and was on my way home (it's about 2:30 am). He just wanted to make sure I wasn't drinknig and driving; he let me go without a ticket. I still think they just wanted to see the car...
2 weeks after I got my R/T my wife & I were heading home from her sisters. I just got off the interstate and was hauling ass down the street at 61 in a 35 zone. The cop put on his lights and my wife starts laughing and saying oooh yeah you're gonna get it now. The cop walked up to the window & says the standard "do you know how fast you were going?" and I said "hell no". He says slow it down & "hey man I like the car". I didn't even get the chance to say thanks. He just turned & walked away!!!!!! So, johnny law if you're out there, "THANKS"!!!!!!!
I got pulled over at least 4 or 5 times. I had a Maryland smokey get me doing close to 90 on a 65. He gave me a warning, since I was from out of town.
I got a few for wreckless driving. All warnings. Finally two years ago in my Civic I got caught doing 75 in a 50. Ouch that one hurt, 6 points on my licence. Oh well. Havent gotten pulled over yet in the Trep and I hope I dont with my tints.
Sounds like u guys get a lot of seat belt tickets out by you. I dont see that much here in NYC. I usually wear mine anyways.
I got pretty lucky a week after I got the R/T. I worked a double shift and got home at 23:30. I had to be back up at 04:00 and Get a phone call at 01:00 from my oldest son telling me that he and his friends missed the last train. After I picked them up I was pissed for losing sleep and got clocked at 125 in a 90( thats km for you guys down south)I told the cop what I was doing, told him I was guilty,and appologized. He went back to his car , came back and told me to slow down.As he was walking away I heard him say to his partner" thats one hot looking car"I got lucky that morning.
1st, 90 Buick Century going 92 in a 65, that wasn't cheap & traffic school was no longer an option at the speed.
2nd, got stuck having to go on a onsite close to 5 o'clock so I wasn't a happy camper, so I got on the freeway, going 75 downhill, looked in my rearview & saw a White Crown Victoria, unmarked, I knew it was a cop but didn't care, so I caught up to a slow car in my lane, passed him at 85 & here comes the PO-LICE, I lost him when I was jumping 4 lanes getting over to the shoulder. HEHEHE.
Cops do consider what you drive when your speeding. Drive 110 in a Hyundai & I'd write you up as well.
Let's see... I was never pulled over in the Intrepid. There hasn't been a reason to pull me over. I was never pulled over in the R/T, and I should have been many times. Come to think of it, the only time I was pulled over was when I was leaving work at 3:30 AM after a 21 hour shift. Cop wanted to know what I was doing behind a building at that time in the morning. Moron couldn't figure it out, I AM WEARING THE ****ING COMPANY'S UNIFORM ASSHOLE!!!" The cop still called in the next day to check if I worked there. He also gave me **** because my car was registered under my mom's name. What a dick.
I have also been caught in a park after hours with my gf. Cop asked if I was keeping her there against her will. What an idiot.
It's weird, in Wisconsin the law says you need two license plates. I don't know why, who can read a plate coming at you in the other lane at 65 mph!?!? I haven't had front plates on my car in 5 years. I was cruising down the road in my Indy Red R/T with dark ass tint on the back three windows, and everyone is doing 10-15 over, I am doing 4 over and the cop starts following me. I thought it would be for the dark tint or the license plate. Just as I thought he was going to flip on the lights to check me out, he does a U-turn and heads the opposite way. Don't know what he was looking at. Probably my sweet ass R/T!
Any of you New York guys know what the legal tint is? I bought my R/T from New York and the guy had no tint on the front door windows and dark ass tint on the rear two doors and rear window. What is the law out there? I still haven't redone the tint on my car yet for this state.
I got all my tickets when I lived in Chicago, but none of them ever made it to my driving record. The first time I was pulled over I started to cry, and the nice police man let me go. Then the ones I got later for speeding, I would go to court with this lawyer I was dating and had them dismissed. Another time, a boyfriend was driving my car and ran it into someone's front porch. Cops didn't ticket us because his dad was a cop too. Fun times. . .
Haven't gotten any tickets in the R/T (yet), but I think cops around here are pretty lame or else they have much better things to do.
Watch your speed, boys.