DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
50,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm checking to see if the Intrepid came with an Air Bag Cover or Air Bag assembly for the steering wheel in Taupe? My R/T has a Taupe interior but the steering wheel is black leather with a Black air bag cover. The rest of the dash is a Black/Two Tone Taupe combination so it looks normal and is completely stock. There are obviously 300m's out there with Taupe leather steering wheels as I have purchased one. I don't know if the air bag cover was matching Taupe or was Black like all the Intrepids I've known or seen. Getting a Chrysler air bag is a possibility, but I want to stay with the Dodge logo. Can anyone shed any light on the color combinations? Also might be interested in a Taupe Chrysler Air bag with/or cover for 2002+(connectors are different for earlier models) if the price is right. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Ron, the air bag cover will come off - it is just snapped over some tabs, so if you can find what you want colour-wise, don't worry about the connections, just change the cover.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Torontofirecaptain said:
Ron, the air bag cover will come off - it is just snapped over some tabs, so if you can find what you want colour-wise, don't worry about the connections, just change the cover.
I think that you need to remove the 4 bolts that hold the metal frame backing and undo those clips to get it out....

·
Woober Goobers!
50,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bumping this up again. Thanks Ross and Term. Does the airbag cover come in any color other than black? All I've seen are black in Intrepids. Don't know if the 300m or Concorde has another color?

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Ronbo said:
Bumping this up again. Thanks Ross and Term. Does the airbag cover come in any color other than black? All I've seen are black in Intrepids. Don't know if the 300m or Concorde has another color?
Hmmm I really have only seen black ones so I'm not of much help in that direction, but there's taupe leather wheels so I would imagine the airbag would have to match it but just have never come across one !! :doh:

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I have black, sorry :(

·
Woober Goobers!
50,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I'm thinking most if not all were black even if the steering wheel leather was taupe. All 3 of the 2nd gens I've owned have had the black cover.I didn't want to go hunting for something that didn't exist. The airbag cover is available seperately for $158 at discount!! So I'll go to back up plan "B" and install my Wood/Black leather steering wheel with radio controls instead of the Wood/Taupe one I have. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
my 300 is taupe.
The covers come in the following trim codes:
Dodge are all black, with the Dodge logo US; Chrysler logo Canada
300 & Concorde: L2, L5, DV, D2, T5. All would seem to only have teh Chrysler logo.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What a guy Ross! With the trim codes, I thought that applied to Premium, High line etc. Any way to decipher the color from a code somewhere. All the dealers want the VIN number and of course we're doing something that the original donor VIN number isn't available. Like I said $158 even at a discount isn't worth me having a Taupe Airbag cover.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Maybe there will be one around the yards - I'll see. I assume you want the same taupe that the console lid is?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts