DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me what type of tranny the 2001 Dodge Quad Cab 1500 series, 8ft bed has in it.....is it the same tranny as the tempermental intrepid tranny?.....and does anyone know of a dodge truck site?

thanks

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Scratch that. Since it's the old style Ram, I imagine it has the 5.2 or 5.9.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
cardriverguy said:
can anyone tell me what type of tranny the 2001 Dodge Quad Cab 1500 series, 8ft bed has in it.....is it the same tranny as the tempermental intrepid tranny?.....and does anyone know of a dodge truck site?

thanks
It wouldn't really be able to since it's rear wheel drive, also truck trannies and car trannies vary greatly since they're used for very different tasks.

I'd try dieselrams.com or allpar.com for help or info on your ram. maybe even dodgeforum.com

·
Registered
299 Posts
Definately not the same transmission, and I am assuming you are referring to automatics. The automatic transmissions in the trucks, however, do not have the best reputation for reliability. Mine (98 1/2 ton) has perfomed well since new. The bands were adjusted at the recommended interval. When we hit -20 degrees, it isn't crazy about shifting, but I think that there is a low temperature solenoid that limits shifts.

Linky to a linky page for Dodge trucks

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks a lot folks...I was checking it for a friend who had to replace the tranny because a gear broke off and tore through the tranny....he is going after the warranty co for replacement and trying to see if the problem has a history...

thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
OneFore9 said:
Definately not the same transmission, and I am assuming you are referring to automatics. The automatic transmissions in the trucks, however, do not have the best reputation for reliability. Mine (98 1/2 ton) has perfomed well since new. The bands were adjusted at the recommended interval. When we hit -20 degrees, it isn't crazy about shifting, but I think that there is a low temperature solenoid that limits shifts.

Linky to a linky page for Dodge trucks
Your right. It keeps the tranny in 2nd low gear until it, gets to normal temp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts