DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading here an old post saying that if you have only 4 wheels with pressure sensor installed (instead of 5) you have to ask a dealer to reprogram the EVIC.

Knowing that this is an old post maybe since that someone found another option.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I remember reading here an old post saying that if you have only 4 wheels with pressure sensor installed (instead of 5) you have to ask a dealer to reprogram the EVIC.

Knowing that this is an old post maybe since that someone found another option.
Ummmmm...buy another wheel with a sensor or put a 5th sensor on the full size or buy an E.V.I.C. with the 5 wheel sensors....I'm sure Ross (TFC) or someone can get any of those for cheap.......

P.S.: Aren't you selling the car???

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
P.S.: Aren't you selling the car???

Yes but I'm not sure, I take the summer to make my mind.

But this morning I want to try the EVIC that TFC sold me, and finally I installed it all (EVIC + Autodim mirro + lighted sunvisor + lighted key ring).

I try to train my sensor but when it ask me for the spare one, I don't have teh sensor on the spare, so the training procedure stop there.

Now what I need it"s a fifth sensor to program my EVIC.

Maybe I can go to a shopping center parking, find a 300M special and park my trep next to it. Reprogram my sensor and when I come for the spare I use one on the other car???? I think it will work. But after that I have to live with the chime telling me he didn't find the spare sensor.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm not sure if the EVIC would be able to be programmed with someone else's Evic only because if it does then the only problem you would have is it would not tell you the pressure on your tires but the guy you trained your evic with ;)

Not sure if any of that makes sense but thats what I think , maybe some one else is better in this situation but I think your better of getting a full size spare and getting the fifth sensor to avoid any problems !

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I only want to program my spare tire using another sensor but don't want to buy a 5th one cause I got a little spare with metal wheel, and pressure sensor not fit on that type of wheel or not belong for that.

So if I found a fifth sensor I will be able to program mines (4 allready on my car) and when my evic ask for the fifth one (the spare) I use one of the sensor on the other car...

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Here's what you NEED, otherwise you're gonna be constantly getting warning messages.

1) A full size spare (donuts inflate to 60PSI, EVIC will say that's too high, so either you underinflate your spare tire big time, or you fill a full size spare to specs)
2) A 5th sensor INSTALLED in the full size spare

The dealer can NOT reprogram an EVIC to only utilize 4 wheels. Sorry bud. That EVIC is gonna piss you off fast with all the warnings and beeps you're gonna get without 5 sensors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts