DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am nearing the end of things to do to the car. Getting down to the a paint job and exhaust. I recall different sounds from the different series flowmasters. I for Gods sake don't want a nicer sound. I just want a nice growl thats not to loud. I was not wanting to put in dynamat if I didn't have to. More weight in a already heavy car (imo).

While spraying some undercaoting this last week. I started thinking about how rusty my 2000 3.2 exhaust is. If I did nothing it would probly last a year or two. But, I also am wanting a little better sound to match the intake sound.

So, bottom line. I think the options are the series 60 and 80. If I recall right. Whats the better fo the two?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the info. I thought it was the 80 series that was the best. Hey do you have any good pics of your stripes on your car?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, thanks for the info. Took a look. I think I prefer the one stripe idea a little better. Everyone has their own tastes I guess. :werdsign:

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
If I were you....I would ditch the idea of the 80-series cross flow. They are performance whores....so much flow is lost in that configuration, and they simply do not last long.

Tell you what sounded awesome...the last exhaust setup I had on the 99
-true dual exhaust with no collector
-H-pipe
-2 Summit Racing 2.25" O/O Turbo Mufflers

If you don't have cutouts for a true dual setup...and if you don't want to, run true duals back to a dual in/out muffler...like a Magnaflow. That should sound awesome.

But whatever you do, get the hell away from the crossflow...they suck!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have a link to a current model muffler? Hey, where in Farmington are you. Haggerty and Cherry Hill in Canton here. Which is near Ford road and I-275.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Choices.
1: I can just replace the muffler for now.
2: I could take out the resonator and put new from that point back.
3: Cat back new exhaust pipes with a cross over H pipe.

I could do it a apart at a time too. Get a muffler. Later cut off the resonator and tube it from there. Then wack it to the cats.

RCE2WIN, it sounds like what you did is what I want though. I don't want something to say. Hey look at my dumb ass Mr. Police Officer. But, When I get on it. It sounds good. I take it you left your resonator in and just swapped out the muffler?

As for a 300m exhaust. How does that differ from ours?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Hailstorm said:
As for a 300m exhaust. How does that differ from ours?
Page 11-2 in the FSM.
Runs 2 1/4" x 2 into the 'Y', 3" to the muffler, out to twin resonators, nice big polished tips. It's plug & play and cost me less than half of what you're looking at.
I run without the front resonator... very well mannered until you open her up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts