DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the 2G general discussion, but figured this would be a good place for it as well.

I have a 2001 R/T with the midline audio system (currently has the RAZ radio).

I found this CD Player with changer controls on ebay - it says it is an RBK from 02-05 models.

If I understand correctly, I would need to get some type of adapter to work in my car? Also, this would work with a 4-disc changer, correct?

Here is the link to the radio on ebay:
RBK Radio

Here is a link to an adapter which I believe I would need:
Adapter

Thanks for any info in advance!

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
The wiring adapter is about $30.

What is that remote control? As far as I know, no MOPAR radio has ever had that kind of capability......

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is for rear DVD - I'd have to buy some kind of adapter for the remote to work, but I'm not going to.... my main question is will that CD player work?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another question.. does anyone know if that radio has a pixelated display (like an EVIC), or a digital display (like an OTIS) ? I think this is the same stereo that my sister and dad have in their '05 Wranglers, and if I remember correctly - they are pixelated.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
The radio will work fine with the proper adapter, you can for sure add a 4/6 disk external changer and/or a Sirius sat radio receiver.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I found out that it's kinda not really what I'm looking for. But - I found a couple others that are for sure what I'm looking for. Thanks for all the help so far.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Man, I really want to... and I was prepared to about 2 months ago, but I had some things come up and had to use the money for other stuff. I was thinking about maybe and RB4. I can get one of those for ~$400.

Also, can anyone identify this model radio?

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
i don't know the model number, but it's basically the same regular chrysler radio, except it has a dot matrix screen and has the RDS radio station identification system and reads out the radio station, and current song playing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.