DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im wondering and pondering if i should have this done. because im thinking of putting a/s in. so that would just throw out the new shifter they will put in. or should i have it done so when if i sell the car i can take the a/s out and the new recall done. but i doubt ill sell her. shes gonna die in my arms.

but my car can shift to l without a key being remotly 100 feet near the car. :gross_11:

firefox makes animated gifs move to fast. i dont like it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Recall

I had the recall done on my car right after I put A/S in. They sent me the letter so I went and did it. The part they have 2 replace is on the shifter itself isn't it? I don't think you get a new shifter. At least I didn't.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my shifter is crapped out. i dont have to push the button in at all. the plastic on the top of the shifter is all chewed out and just not good.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Peppa Boy said:
my shifter is crapped out. i dont have to push the button in at all. the plastic on the top of the shifter is all chewed out and just not good.

then you will need the complete shifter assembly instead of just the shaft.and we do throw out the old ones

·
Registered
407 Posts
The fix is strictly the interlock between the key and the shifter at the bottom of the shaft. It's designed to allow you to remove the key only in Park
Turning the key off actuates a push-pull cable to put a pin into a hole in the plastic shifter body. In 1st gens, the plastic is quite flimsy and the pin pulls through, rendering the interlock useless.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no no nno the pin is fine it works but the plastic that holds the sifter from moving that looks like half squares. are all rounded out. so the shifter freely moves back and forth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts