DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, After Fixing my neons under the dash I was looking and spoted this toggle switch underthere, has on/off on it, but when turned on nothing happens... I am woundering what it is if anyone knows... Photo!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,694 Posts
Valet switch for the alarm or carstarter?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
probably some kind of an accessory from the last owner. Where escatly was it? passanger side? drivedr side? and what location? be a bit more spacific though i am sure it is nothing. I tore apart my dash and didn't see nothing like that.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its one the Driver side under the dash right next to the stearing area, Lots of multi-colored wires underthere but these stick out big time....... Brother said its was for the aftermarket alarm, but nothing happens when its on...

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
the car probably had an aftermarket alarm in there, and it might have been for the remote start option, i Know that you can turn it off on some alarms with a toggle switch like that. Most likely the guy that had the car before you had the alarm transfered to another car, and just left that there...

·
Registered
709 Posts
It's an emergency shut off switch, so if you say forget your remote or the remotes battery dies you can still shut the alarm off. It's ment to be tucked way up and out of the way to keep it from quick access, when my buddy had to use his he said it had to be flipped on and off several times before the alarm would set it self in valet mode.... not sure on the accuracy of this but your alarm owners manual should have exact info on it.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,694 Posts
91Firebirdzx28 said:
Its one the Driver side under the dash right next to the stearing area, Lots of multi-colored wires underthere but these stick out big time....... Brother said its was for the aftermarket alarm, but nothing happens when its on...
Nevermind, Sport/Sound got it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all. :D Plus the DVD is getting better!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts