DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 intrepid sport bought it about a year ago and love this car. i have been wonting ot do a few things to it but trying to find after market parts like body kits and euro lights for it are a pain. i have seen many sites where people have done alot of different things to these cars but i have no idea where they get the parts for it. i have tried many searches on google and have come up empty handed. if any one here knows where to find these kind of after market parts i would love to know.
i am looking for any kind of styling shops or performance shops. thank you ahead of time for reading this and trying to help out.

·
Registered
168 Posts
There are a few body kits floting around on ebay, as far as the clear taillights you have to make them yourself there is a great how to on that in the how to section. Other than that I haven't found much else either as far as power goes unless you wanna add nitrous or a throttle body spacer. Hope this helps good luck in your search.

·
Registered
509 Posts
first consider these cars, go bad pretty quickly, around 100k and the engine flips out, so be careful, unless you've been checking on the engine every year, not to mention transmission and a million other things such as sensors and what not.

so if you think it's worth the money to get a body kit around a grand for a car like that on this condition then you might wanna think again. It is a hard decision because i was in the boat of "i wanna do this and do that, omg let me get started" and then the engine blew up =\
and i had no other choice but to fix it, i so wanted to get rid of it, but couldn't because i didn't have enough money to buy a new one... sooner or later though i'll have to get a new tranny i'm pretty sure.
body kits are everywhere for this car, try our seach engine on this site, it'll help a lot.

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
There are kits out there for the 1G Treps just do a quick search (button at top of page) ...

96intrepid3.3(201) said:
first consider these cars, go bad pretty quickly, around 100k and the engine flips out, so be careful, unless you've been checking on the engine every year, not to mention transmission and a million other things such as sensors and what not.

so if you think it's worth the money to get a body kit around a grand for a car like that on this condition then you might wanna think again. It is a hard decision because i was in the boat of "i wanna do this and do that, omg let me get started" and then the engine blew up =\
and i had no other choice but to fix it, i so wanted to get rid of it, but couldn't because i didn't have enough money to buy a new one... sooner or later though i'll have to get a new tranny i'm pretty sure.
body kits are everywhere for this car, try our seach engine on this site, it'll help a lot.
I'm sorry you've had such bad luck with your car. My '96 Concorde 3.3L served me well for three years and has served my daughter well for the past four years. The car now has 140k miles on it with the only major repairs being an A/C clutch and a front main seal - and chances are the seal wouldn't have been a problem if I'd started feeding it Mobil1 a little sooner. Of course, I do regular maintenance as called for in the owner's manual. I've seen many, many 3.3L's on this site with even higher mileage than ours and still going strong ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts