DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, have you gotten the chance to take your 350 Fiero out to the track? If so, what times did you get. I was just thinking about that, ive liked these cars for a while beings as i have had one to drive for about 4 years now, and i have never gotten the chance to talk to anyone that has done a V8 conversion before.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Well, the Fiero is back out in Michigan now being finished by my brother. I am living in an area that just won't allow me to be running a car with open headers to test and tune.

We never got to bring it to a track. But about 4 years ago, when we first built it, we had an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake with a 4 barrel carb. My buddy had just bought a Mustang GT and he said there was no way the Fiero would beat him.

So, we brought it to an industrial park by where I used to live in MI and lined up to race down a unused road. Now, by this time the car had been running for an hour and for some odd reason the plugs kept fouling. It was probably running too rich. Because of this, it was only running on about 6 cylinders. So needless to say, it sounded like crap and was belching smoke. We then raced...

We must have beat that Mustang by 4 car lengths. :)

Since then, we got rid of the carb setup and got an aftermarket Edlebrock SFI setup. The car runs great now. And it is much noticeable faster. I'd say it is in the 12's. We are hoping to make it even faster. :)

But, being the perfectionist my brother is, he just ripped the entire car apart to redo all the wiring, the cooling system and try and redistrbute the weight a little better. But, his wife just had a baby...so things are on hold. He has offered to let me finish it, but since I can't get it to NY let alone work on it here, I fear it may sit for another season. :(

I'll try and dig up some pictures and/or video so you can check it out.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always thought it would be sweet to have a V8 Fiero and waste cars like Mustang GT's and look at their reactions...when you get pics ect., just mail 'em to me...thanks :D

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Warlord, yup, I used to live in Novi. My brother lives in Commerce, so it's right by there. I'm thinking of coming out there for X-mas...if so I'll let you know and maybe we can get together. I'll be driving the Trep out there of course. :)

As for being a sleeper, our Fiero is..but it's still loud, the exhaust is only a couple feet long...we are still working on trying to quiet it down. But, if you were to look at it, it looks just like any other slow Fiero! :)

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by Intrepidatious:
Warlord, yup, I used to live in Novi. My brother lives in Commerce, so it's right by there. I'm thinking of coming out there for X-mas...if so I'll let you know and maybe we can get together. I'll be driving the Trep out there of course. :)
Sounds like a possible plan. :)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Gave up like 4 days after I started...ha ha. I just didn't have the willpower at the time. :)

I will get back into it eventually. Maybe when it gets alot colder and I have nothing to do.... ;)

·
Registered
560 Posts
hey warlord/intrepidatious, im going to be in south lyon during christmas... and my grandma lives in Novi (off of 8 mile road, near the meijers down there), so if yall are gettin together, let me know, maybe i could meet up with youse guys. :D
im headin over to temperance (monroe) on the 21st, then up to south lyon soon after.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts