DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering changing my Trep for a 300M. However, I have observed that since 2002, DCX has been cutting costs on some of the features of these cars. It makes me wonder if they haven't been cutting on the quality of some of the components too. I don't care much about features and gimmicks, but I want a durable car. I your opinion, what is the best year for a 300M?

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Remember, DC asked suppliers in the past year or so to cut their costs considerably. With a lower price can come lower quality (of supplier supplied parts).

Our boys in the factory build em great...but they have to build them with the parts they are given. I've been told by some techs that the newer supplier parts are crap (that goes for my Jeep as well.) Only time will tell which MY's hold up better in the long run..

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Dealing with the auto companies...damn! Just listening to the OE guys talk about some of the projects make me shudder. Than again I actually would like to be in the thick of it since it sounds interesting and I do love a challenge.

Auto companies are bad enough, but the Tier 1 companies are even worse!!!

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
My guess would be 2000 or 2001. 2000 would have the chrome shifter and switches. It seems that after that point the cost cutting started. There are some nice changes to the newer ones like grill, auto tilt in reverse side mirror, EVIC etc but overall I'ld choose a 2000 or 2001. As far as the quality of the parts of the newer ones only time will tell.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
YB Normyl said:
2000 would have the chrome shifter and switches.
Hey Jose: My father in law's 00' 300M doesn't have a chrome shifter or switches. :confused:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
2001 would be my pick for a 300M , or Trep . After that they started to remove stuff. To bad , they were going in the right direction. Also my most favorite trep was built in 2001 The motorsport edition. Man I love that car.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
If u are going to trade the trep for a 300m.... get a 2002 special... and u should be pretty happy. The special has features that no other Trep or 300m has (18" wheels, Dual Exhaust, Turn Signal Mirrors, HIDs, 150 speedo, side skirts, lowered, PSI EVIC with luxury grp).

Of course all of these options can be added to a 300m pretty easily.... (maybe with the exception of the skirts)... but that would be my choice if I was getting a 300m.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
... and an Inrepid. Not that YB would know... :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts