DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This question is pure and simple. What do you guys do for a spare tire? My goal for the summer is to upgrade to at least 18s but I don't know what to do as far as a spare. Do you guys have a 5th rim? If so, where do you put it? Is the stock trunk space big enough for that? Or do you just still use the same stock spare tire? I used to drive a Bronco that had tires far from stock and my biggest worry was always what would happen if I somehow caught a flat.

·
Registered
458 Posts
thats, a good question...i would go the safe route and buy some run- flats

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
You can put a full size spare in the trunk. I am running the 300M Special wheels and I am getting (when I get the cash) a 5th wheels from my wonderfully patient friend Jeff. But back to your question there is enough room for a full size spare in the trunk. Just removed the foam that is in there now.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kcarlos2000 said:
You can put a full size spare in the trunk. I am running the 300M Special wheels and I am getting (when I get the cash) a 5th wheels from my wonderfully patient friend Jeff. But back to your question there is enough room for a full size spare in the trunk. Just removed the foam that is in there now.
I already have a full sized spare....but it fits tightly in the space....so in order to include a possible 5th wheel thats bigger......how would it work?

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
IceDragon38 said:
I already have a full sized spare....but it fits tightly in the space....so in order to include a possible 5th wheel thats bigger......how would it work?
Why would it be bigger ????? When you increase the diameter of the rim, you SHOULD decrease the sidewall height of the tire(lower profile) so the overall outer diameter doesn't change. Unless the tire doesn't fit widthwise I don't see any problems.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Well, unless you're buying a set of 5 Charger rims with tires or something with a larger overall diameter than the Intrepid SHOULD have.............tires with the correct diameter WILL fit. I could have a 20" spare if I wanted, the tires have the same outside diameter as the stock 17's.

·
Registered
734 Posts
ditto on last 3 posters, all on point.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Yay for 20" spare tires :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts