DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dain bramaged
7,212 Posts
UPS.. like 10 bucks A wheel.. course they were with out tire, and lightweight all aluminum race wheels..

yes.. 1st gen will fit 2nd.. and vice versa..

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JoeKD said:
I have shipped using both UPS and Fedex ground and found that Fedex ground is a bit cheaper

When shipping wheels with tires mounted just cut cardboard to fit the faces and tape it on both sides leaving the tread exposed
What did it cost you to ship rims and tires that way?

Thanks for the input guys.

Mike

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Buschman,

Your link is blocked here (@work), but I'm curious about your '95 R/T !?

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Its an Intrepid with R/T badges.

Not to hijack the thread, just trying to help CDN R/T out.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CDN R/T said:
Buschman,

Your link is blocked here (@work), but I'm curious about your '95 R/T !?
Well I wish it were a factory R/T but no such luck. I built this as an R/T before the Second gen R/T was even rumored. So hopifully that loophole keeps me from being labelled rice. :farmer:

Mike

·
Woober Goobers!
50,305 Posts
With all the carriers it depends on the size of the box and the weight along with the distance it's going. The last wheels and tires I sent from AL to CO and the box was around [email protected] each. Cost each was around $29. Measure the outside diameter of the wheel/tire and weigh it. All the carriers have websites that allow you to plug in dimensions and weights along with to and from zip codes to estimate charges. Also those numbers apply if you pack and drop them off yourself. If you have a UPS store do the packing and shipping they'll rip you for the packaging. That includes Pak-Mail and other similar stores. Basically without knowing what you're shipping and from where and to..we can't give you anything near an accurate estimate. Do the simple measurements listed above and do a little work on your own and you'll have the numbers you're asking for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts