DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I finally bought a set of lights for my car. Those of you who have them, can you post a pic of the placement for them under the car? I have a general idea as far as where they go...but I would like to see what others have done to give them a discrete look. Thanks. Oh, I got white ones. Cant wait.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I put mine behind the little 1" sills that stick down........if you back up far enough, and get down low enough, you can see a bit of the tube though :(

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Avenger said:
I put mine behind the little 1" sills that stick down........if you back up far enough, and get down low enough, you can see a bit of the tube though :(
Pretty much your only option right there.

Each car is different and the Intrepids weren't designed with underbodys in mind... though the lighting really isnt that bad. Your biggest problem is going to be hiding the wires. Newer cars tend to have fewer places to tuck wires.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I should be getting them inthe mail this week (I hope)...as far as running wire, do you think it would be a wise/good choice to drill holes under the car and run the wires up and under the carpet? I figure that way I won't have the wires coming loose and getting snagged on anything. I can't wait to get them and put them on. Hopefully (crosses fingers and toes) this is one thing that will go smooth. And I should have my new black headlights coming this week as well.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
gazetowardthesky said:
Pretty much your only option right there.

Each car is different and the Intrepids weren't designed with underbodys in mind... though the lighting really isnt that bad. Your biggest problem is going to be hiding the wires. Newer cars tend to have fewer places to tuck wires.
lol, what car was designed with underbodys in mind? ;) speaking of, i'm probably gonna order a green kit soon. I want the multi color one but they are expensive.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
I dont really have any good pictures of placement. I would go outside and take you some but we have differnt cars. The only thing I liked alot about my underglow install was by putting the front LED right under the black piece under your car. So when my car scarps on somthing then I know it didnt break/mess up my underglow.

·
Registered
19,572 Posts
Yeah once you get under your car with the tubes, you'll see that there's not many choices as to where to mount them. It'll be pretty obvious. And as previously stated, the lights themselves will be slightly visable at a low enough angle.
I'm thinking about buying some material (some kind of black plastic) and fabricating a little 1 1/2 inch "skirt" to mount next to the tubes to hide them.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool...thanks for the info guys. Ed...how did you run the wires? Did you under the main body or did you get creative with it? I personally think I am going to drill into the cab and run them under the carpet. UPS says they will be here friday...so Saturday will be install day along with another set of the black headlights.

·
Registered
19,572 Posts
My kit came with like a hundred zip tie strap mounts for the wiring. I just did the best I could running them up above and away from the suspension and any other moving parts, drilling small holes for the screws for the zip tie mounts. Most of the wiring went along the sides next to the tubes, and led them all back to the passenger side of the trunk. The "air baffle" thing (pull back the carpet on the passenger side of the trunk) makes an excellent passage from the underside of the car, to the inside of the trunk. No holes to cut! I'll try to get under there and take a few pics of the wiring route that I took.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I mounted my front one behind the black plastic air dam.........the rear one I mounted on a curved section by the rear bumper.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I am mentally prepared to do this. Gonna be a mod weekend if things go right. Meaning...hope the new headlights are not messed up like the last pair, neons go on good, might even do a few extra things. Depends on how drunk I get.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts