DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Question for you guys....

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  jfsram 
#1 ·
Just got a new intrepid on Monday. My only complaint is that when I brake at higher speeds the steering wheel shakes back and forth. Can someone tell me why it might be doing this? I know nothing about cars:( Thanks!!!

#4 ·
I'll second the rotors, but could also be sticking calipers, bad ABS module, low brake fluid level, bad wheel alignment... there are quite a few things that would cause vibration like that while braking... you should get it checked, or roll up your sleeves and dive in... (if your new to cars, get someone you know to help you...)

#6 ·
I'm gonna go with the consensus on brake rotors here. If you decide to change them.........R1Concepts on ebay is a great seller. Very reasonable too. $220 for a full set of 4 cross drilled and slotted rotors + pads SHIPPED to your door. If you change rotors, you SHOULD change pads as well at the same time. Not good to replace the rotors and not the pads.

#15 ·
My vote for rotors also. Drilled and slotted will reduce your pad life. I had a set on my wife's LHS and the pads were worn down in 9 months. There job is to keep gases off the pads, expell heat and cut the pads for a fresh surface. Perfect for a race car but overkill on a driver.

I just threw a set of Wagner Thermoquiets and Monro rotors on it last week. These are high quaility rotors. Smooth, quiet and no shaking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.