DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently removed the 2 rear stock mufflers on my 99 trep and put in their place a cherrybomb turbo II muffler. Now i noticed that a few feet after the cats there is another muffler/resonator type thing with 2 pipes in from the 2 cats and 1 pipe out to the muffler. Is this another muffler? Would i have to get a dual in/single out muffler to take its place or is there anyway to run a straightpipe. What would be the loudest setup? thanks

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Emerica2843 said:
I recently removed the 2 rear stock mufflers on my 99 trep and put in their place a cherrybomb turbo II muffler. Now i noticed that a few feet after the cats there is another muffler/resonator type thing with 2 pipes in from the 2 cats and 1 pipe out to the muffler. Is this another muffler? Would i have to get a dual in/single out muffler to take its place or is there anyway to run a straightpipe. What would be the loudest setup? thanks
Remove the collector, and run dual exhaust....with no mufflers. You will need an H-pipe, or an X-pipe up near where the collector was.

If you do not want to run dual exhaust, then remove the collector, and get a plain Y-pipe. But you will resonate your brain loose it is so bad!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do they make H pipes or X pipes for our cars or are they universal or would i have to get one custom made?

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Emerica2843 said:
Do they make H pipes or X pipes for our cars or are they universal or would i have to get one custom made?
I have a kit I'll sell ya for $40 shipped
It is the Summit Racing H-Pipe kit.
2.25"

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you have a picture?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts