DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice from you guys. i'm trying to decide on either of these exhaust set ups. I understand the dual exhaust with flowmaster 40's and i've heard it too
. But i dont understand this one with the round muffler? I've never heard what it sounds like either.

hopefully you guys can answer some of my questions before you tell me which one i should do.

1st what is this round muffler called and where do i get it?
2nd Do i need anything done to the original exhaust, or do i just take the stock muffler off and pop this one on?
3rd which one sounds better?( i'd like a low hum on my car like in the fast & furious. If possible)
4th which one is best for performance?

I think thats all for right now

If you guys could help me out i'd be grateful:)

thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
are you talking about a glass-pack?

·
Registered
890 Posts
I see you like my exhaust. Well it its true duals took off both the resonator and the muffler. It sounds really sweet in person better than in audio. Dosent evehn sound ricey thats what i like about it.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
ph33, u seem pics of my exhaust? it splits at the rear axle and i have a flow master 40 series on there, muffle is bout $75 or so, Tips are bout $150 or so, and i dunon how much it would cost for the pipe to be bent, you'd have to ask around i got it done for free at teh shop i worked at.

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2ww3d/

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hey Wutang, you have TRUE duals? I had heard that wasn't possible in an Intrepid... How do you have it set up? And you wouldn't happen to have any underbody pics or diagrams would you? Just wondering how you did it, since I would like to do something like that too. Did you run the duals from each of the first cats back?

And what was the price tag on that?

Thanks man.

·
Registered
890 Posts
OKay the whole total was $500. Because each of the tipd are stainless steel. So they running of one big Cat that is 3 inches and they removed the 3 old cats.

then were the fuel tank is they ran it around the . Its best to take it to an exhaust shop.

I looked at 3 shops before making my descion. So dont just stop at one place.

Some pleaces will belike it cant be done. which is all BS.

GOODLUCK:bigsmile:

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
So they running of one big Cat that is 3 inches and they removed the 3 old cats.

how do you do with emissions? did you get any better performance with taking off the pre-cats? or did it hurt low end?

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Wutang: You have "true" duals? It's not just split somewhere?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Wutang15m said:
So they running of one big Cat that is 3 inches and they removed the 3 old cats.

then were the fuel tank is they ran it around the .
without consulting a "some sort of english" translator guide I think he is saying one cat then split before the fuel tank

but again it's hard to understand a damn thing that was typed, maybe I just don't speak fluid Floridian?

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
That's what I thought too Joe, just wasn't sure.

BTW- It's not a Floridian thing. I used to live there. :p

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'm also a Floridian and I speak very fluent English. He is Arabian, so thats why he has a little trouble speaking our language.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts