DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
doode, I just stumbled across you pictures, And I was wondering if u have lowering springs on there?...
I have a set of eibach 1.3" drop sitting at home, along with KYB struts, I just havent had the money to get them installed [supposed to do it early this week, but u know how it goes]

Anyway, i was jus wondering if u had any feed back. Also what rims are those, they look GOOD.
And lastly, have you done any performance mods to it? air intake, exaust, anything else?
Thanx in advance for the feedback -Josh

·
Registered
568 Posts
Originally posted by 97purple_trep:
doode, I just stumbled across you pictures, And I was wondering if u have lowering springs on there?...
I have a set of eibach 1.3" drop sitting at home, along with KYB struts, I just havent had the money to get them installed [supposed to do it early this week, but u know how it goes]

Anyway, i was jus wondering if u had any feed back. Also what rims are those, they look GOOD.
And lastly, have you done any performance mods to it? air intake, exaust, anything else?
Thanx in advance for the feedback -Josh

First off thank you for the nice compliments. I have those very springs on my car.

But why are you paying someone to install them? It will cost you a boat load of money(cause it takes a long time) but it's easy as pie. All you need are spring compressors(you can rent them dirt cheap at a pep boys, napa, or trak auto) and jack stands.

Lift the car entirerly off the ground. Remove all 4 wheels. the front springs and struts are easy to get to. Just unbolt them front the A arm and the strut tower and they come right out. It's the same way in the back only you have to remove your rear seat(4 bolts) and your rear deck to get the the strut towers. Be sure to use your spring compressors before unbolting those springs.

As for the wheels they are 17" TSW Blades. Unfortunately TSW doesn't make them anymore. You'll have to try and find a used pair if you really want them.

As for the engine, yes I've modded it. Exhaust is next on my list. I want to create a dual outlet, sort of like a Mustang. In the engine I have upgraded the computer, redone the electrical(including custom fabricated high performance spark plug wires), and have a custom built air intake(although I'm redesigning it for greater flow and cold air induction).

If you're looking to mod you have found the right site. I will admit the Treps don't have the greatest aftermarket support but this site has some of the coolest enthusiasts I have run across. Very few people are closed lip about how they do things. If you try anything new, let us know how it works.

Buschman

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BOTH!! if at all possible... however I'm more interested in the one youve already done
what materials did u use? what is the set up, and how much did it cost? Does it look good!!... I recently decided that I want to get my trep to the point of show worthieness in 1-2 years [I dont have much money, 19 w/ rent, car payment, etc.]

Also, what kind of cost am I looking at for electrical? Is the MSD system a must? and what ecaxtly is involved?

I'd really like to keep communication up, There aren't to many '97 3.5L's on here that have done as much as u.

Thank u thank u thank u, -Josh

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just curious as to how much those Rims did cost though.. I've been pricing a set of wheels for my car and it's been coming up around 1600 for anything decent. I've never bought new wheels for any car so I'm unfamiliar with the expected pricing.. got any suggestions?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also I forgot to ask, what did u do to the computer? did u get a chip upgrade? if so from who, how much, and is it compatible w/ a '97.

and how are the eibach springs? how long have you had them? Now that I look at the car, its a PERFECT drop, I dont think the Intrax [that give a "1.75" drop] would be a good Idea.
Have you noticed any CV issues, or negative effect to the suspension components?

thanx again... - Josh K

·
Registered
436 Posts
Originally posted by Buschman:

Which one the one thats in there now or the radical one I'm designing?

:)
Both would be great.

I don't think there is a chip for the 97 trep 3.5L. Only the 93 and 94 treps had an available chip is what I understood. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
u gonna keep us posted bushmann?

jus wanted some reply.. no worries though

·
Registered
568 Posts
Originally posted by 97purple_trep:
u gonna keep us posted bushmann?

jus wanted some reply.. no worries though

Yeah the bad part is friday night I had to work until 11 at night. On top of that, as anyone can tell you in the Maryland area, it's been a monsoon around here from Friday to Sunday. The rain was stopped when I got back from a club Saturday night so I snapped off a couple of night shots of the engine and the system. I'll post them tonight, although they aren't great shots, they aren't bad either.

Buschman

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
what material is that intake tube made out of?

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
If I understand the posts correctly, Buschman just used your standard home insulation. If you understand the properties of home insulation, you'd know that it would work pretty good. Repels heat rather nicely.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i'm thinking about making an intake tube out of titanium tubing and wrapping it in that...

glad someone else has had good luck with the material i was thinking about. maybe i'm not a complete dreamer.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts