DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do they charge so much(125$ at the dealer) to flush your transmission and replace the filter when you can do it at home for 20$ ? They still screw up.

-BobVila

·
Registered
109 Posts
My understanding is that the fluid for our cars is more expensive.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I payed 20$ for a filter kit and 4 quarts of transmission fluid (ATF+3) which is all they use. I also did it for my first time this after noon in an hour, could do it in 30 minutes now.

So that's 30$ for labor + 20$ for materials = 50$ not 125 like I got charged and they still didnt do it right.

The dealership here blows.

-BobVila

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
They charge about $90 at the dealer here. If its actually easy i might do it myself when the time comes.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
make sure when changing the fluid that it is specific for Mopar. Ive heard you can have problems if you do not use the Mopar stuff.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I took mine to a garage with the filter kit and fluid that I bought at the dealership and had the garage do it for $40

·
Registered
533 Posts
Some places have a system that flushes out the torque conveerter and everything, not just the pan as it is when you just drop the pan. The process usees about 15 quarts of fluid instead of the 4-6 that you probably used in your flush. Obviously thias works much better and is somethiing that can only be done if you have the machine. Really is still expensive. I could see 60 - 80, but over that I would look around.

[ January 14, 2002: Message edited by: jnutz ]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts