DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a new trep, The one im driving now has the shifter up by the steering wheel, almost ever trep i have loked at its at the floor now is mine rear or what why cant i find anywith the shifter on the steering wheel?

Like the title says just a question

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
the only intrepids with the shifter on the column is ones with a bench seat or Police Package intrepids. if you want another one on the column, good luck, not many intrepids were ordered with a front bench. and your only other option is a Police Package, but with the console shift, you can put autostick in quite easily.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
My '99 had it, and my '02 has it... wish it did not, but at least the middle of the floor turned out to be a good place to mount the CB.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Yeah, the shifter on the steering wheel might not seem as "sporty", but it's cool that you have the fold down "extra seat" in front for a sixth (in a squeeze) person. Yeah, not too many Intrepids with that option I think. I wouldn't mind having that myself. You could sport up the shifter with perhaps a carbon fiber handle or the like.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I would be more than happy to trade for an R/T for those of you who really want the column shifter.....just kidding. I too have the column shifter and to tell you the truth...I love it that way. My wifes 2000 has the floor shifter and to be honest, while it is still cool, I don't like it as much. But that car is about to be my parts car as I am getting my bro-in-laws F150. Wife still wants to drive her trep, but it is about on its last leg. ANyways, my column shifter rules. :bigparty:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts