DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know that this is an intrepid site, but I have a question to ask all of you who know more than I do. A buddy of mine at work has a 1990 Cutlass Supreme. He has a problem with it which is this: When he is driving, he must constantly keep his foot on the gas. Even at stop lights. If he doesn't keep his foot on the gas, his car stalls. Would this be Fuel injectors? How about a fuel filter. Anything that you can think of, just throw in your two cents. Also, his digital cluster (mph) doesn't read anything or show any information...(everything stays at zero). So if you know about this, throw in another two cents. Thanks

-Duncan

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
The digital cluster not showing a reading is just a fuse that he has to replace, I've had to do this in several cars because water got in there somehow.

The constant flooring does sound like a fuel delivery problem.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
does it miss any? I had a car that did that when it was warm and humid out...turned out to be the ignition coil pack...it was a buick which is a similair setup to your friends.

My intrepid also does that from time to time as well. I can count on one hand how many times so im not worried about it.

Clean and check everything...

You can band aid fix it by adjusting the idle up some. It may have worked its way down anyways

·
Registered
576 Posts
does it miss any? I had a car that did that when it was warm and humid out...turned out to be the ignition coil pack...it was a buick which is a similair setup to your friends.

My intrepid also does that from time to time as well. I can count on one hand how many times so im not worried about it.

Clean and check everything...

You can band aid fix it by adjusting the idle up some. It may have worked its way down anyways

·
Registered
376 Posts
sounds like a full pump which should be in the tank. Has the vehicle sat for awhile? Not that it needs to for the pump to go but usually a factor. Good Luck,
STBEAR007

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ok, i had a 91 grand prix, which if im not mistaken, is along the same lines, and did the same exact thing. Some fuel injector cleaner helped somewhat, and some dry gas/alcohol, or wahtever, cause there was a little water in tank, or so we thought, took it to mechanic, got new alternator, in the end, it was seriously, a rusty washer under the auxilary battery connection, was causing the car to not always have power, put new washer in, sanded down connection, ran like a champ. Then i got the intrepid.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
FunkRider said:
also make sure you use o2 sensor safe intake cleaner, NOT carb cleaner, carb cleaner will harm the o2 sensors)
There is no such thing!!!! It's meant to clean the throttle body, not the rest of your engine, you're not supposed to spray it onto anything but the throttle body, how many times must I say this? You can even see that in your own link that you posted. Step four, second sentence. " Spray that carb cleaner into the TB. "

1 - 8 of 8 Posts