DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok can the heads on a 3.5 fi on a 2.7? Are the throttle bodys the same on both engines? Now that is said I am rebuilding a 2.7 is there anything that can be done to better the oil pressure in this engine? The heads on this engine are ready to go just waiting on the block to come back from SRS but any info with this engine or helpful hints would be great thank you. Oh yea I am not trying to beef up the 2.7 I was wondering about the heads and throttle body since they are a lot alike build wise.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Ok can the heads on a 3.5 fi on a 2.7? Are the throttle bodys the same on both engines? Now that is said I am rebuilding a 2.7 is there anything that can be done to better the oil pressure in this engine? The heads on this engine are ready to go just waiting on the block to come back from SRS but any info with this engine or helpful hints would be great thank you. Oh yea I am not trying to beef up the 2.7 I was wondering about the heads and throttle body since they are a lot alike build wise.
the 3,2L and 3.5 are similare.
the 2.7 insint close by a long shot

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks people for answering those first questions. I would of rather put a 3.2 or 3.5 but I am looking at doing the rebuild within budget in mind. We did a port match and polished the ports on it. LOL i know some think it is a waste. But I have never rebuilt any engine and not did a port match atleast.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Most people swap in 3.2/5 engines because it's cheaper than rebuilding a 2.7 engine.
Maybe true, but here is the thing I want a fresh engine in the car not a used one. Plus all the bone yard around here want 1800 for any of the good 2.7, 3.2, or 3.5's. Hell even some want a lot more than that for them kind of sucks. Like I said trying to do this under a certian dollar amount. And yep I will let you all know how it turned out.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Maybe true, but here is the thing I want a fresh engine in the car not a used one. Plus all the bone yard around here want 1800 for any of the good 2.7, 3.2, or 3.5's. Hell even some want a lot more than that for them kind of sucks. Like I said trying to do this under a certian dollar amount. And yep I will let you all know how it turned out.
1800????!!! what ????:jeez: thats ridiculous

my local yard only wants about 200$ total if you pull it yourself.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Yea they stopped doing that letting you pull engines around here. And now everything cost out the butt. They quoted me 2200 to 2600 for 2.7 around here with 100k+ on them. Sucks I know lol.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,432 Posts

Biggest issue Ive ran into on those u-pull it engines, unknown mileage, many cant be ran, no warranty. It would really suck to spend all that time pulling an engine, just to get it installed and have it be a POS.

Its a hell of a savings if you can hear it run and check the mileage, but if not id rather pay 1200$ for an engine that I dont have to pull, and that is known to be good and has a warranty.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Biggest issue Ive ran into on those u-pull it engines, unknown mileage, many cant be ran, no warranty. It would really suck to spend all that time pulling an engine, just to get it installed and have it be a POS.

Its a hell of a savings if you can hear it run and check the mileage, but if not id rather pay 1200$ for an engine that I dont have to pull, and that is known to be good and has a warranty.
Yea I personally would rather rebuild an engine than drop a used one in. One it is fresh and two you know how it was put together and what is in it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts