DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be going to the closest U-Pullit salvage yard Tuesday. Getting parts for my dads car and possibly mine.Tuesdays are half price days :biggrin: I want to do the autostick conversion. What all I do need from a donor car if I find one with it in there? I looked through the How to section but didn't see anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Also I knwo there are quite a fe IL members was wondering if anyone wanted to meet at the yard. The one I will be going to is off of Route 30 in Chicago Heights. Off of 394, Near terra haute. PM if your interested, just found out today that my dad and I will both be off that day.

Jack

·
Registered
277 Posts
All you need is the shifter bezel, wiring harness, and the autostick cluster from an intrepid, 300m, or concorde (did those have auto-stick??).

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I need the bezel and cluster, as well ast the unit. But what all wiring will I need and do I need the TCM from the donor car too or not?

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
There's no TCM.

Just the wiring from the shifter ( you can't miss it ) up to behind the dash...have fun getting that, royal pita to put in, so I can't imagine it being any fun to get out.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
There's no TCM.

Just the wiring from the shifter ( you can't miss it ) up to behind the dash...have fun getting that, royal pita to put in, so I can't imagine it being any fun to get out.
Won't come out "separately" it is part of the body harness, so the harness needs to be removed and the wiring stripped out.
The one I made for you "looks" like it is separate, because I wrap it after making it, so it is nice and neat.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the day didn't go as planned. The only place I found an autostick was a salvage yard in town that won't let me go pull the parts they pull everything themselves. I got to look at the donor car and supposedly it was an old county police car.Anyways the shifter bezel was missing but may be somewhere in the car.

Do you think 200 buxs for the autostick shifter, cluster and all the wiring is a good deal? I haven't paid for it all yet, as the car is not on inventory yet. Plus wanted to get everyones opinion on cost.

Jack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts