DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Rarewolf '97 3.5L:
I will clear this up....

yes, I had the muffler cut off at a custom muffler place, and a 2.5" pipe straightened out to fit. You can see it in the pics.

I don't want to sound anal, Buschman, but you shouldn't advertise as an "R/T" as you have a 1995 ES that has a VERY beautiful paint job, but albeit the '95 is a 1st gen trep and the R/T wasn't released until the 2nd gens came out (and not for a few years into the 2nd gen). No big deal, I guess... I'm going to get "SS" stickers for mine... ;)

wolf out.

Well that right there is the only reason I was not happy to see the release of the second gen R/Ts. I had created my R/T long before the 2nd gens announced the release of theres. It's a cool look and to me it doesn't seem like a Z28 pretending to be an SS. But to each his own, everyone's intitled to an opinion.

When you say custom muffler, what are you referring to? Does it have a brand? Did you replace both the stock muffler and resonator or just one or the other?

Thanks for the help.

Buschman

· Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by ATFCharger:
prolly the fuel system pressurizing. Mine does that too. It seems extraordinarily loud in his .wav file. but I think that's what it is.

I agree thats the fuel system. The one question I bhave that maybe you guys can answer is about another sound. You know when your slowing down to a stop and right before you completely stop(at like 5-10 mph) there is this humming/clicking/ribbing sound. You can hear it really bad in the minivans but most other MOPARS around this era do it too. My 5 speed 93 Shadow never had that sound. What is it? It's got to either be a tranny sound or a brake system sound. It annoys the crap out of me not knowing though :p

Buschman

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.