DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am chnging rotors and pads on 98 ES. I got Bendix Titanium-Metallic pads and they came with large clips and small clips. Don't recall ever seeing this stuff. Will I need them?

·
Registered
391 Posts
here use this if you need to:

http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72848

And about the clips, I dont think they should be different sizes, but they are anti-rattle clips and I had no idea how to attach them, I saw old ones on the old pads, but just didn't know how to put the new ones on. There is a way though... lol.

I have been driving them for almost 2 months now and no problems, I get some noises from here to here, but thats because I didn't lube the ears!

Good luck!

PS: this is a pic from my thread I posted above, it shows the old pads with those clips on, so it might help with installation of the new ones:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The only clips I installed are the 2 between each set of pads on each end. Almost looks like a spreader clip of sorts. THe tiny little spacing clips where not on the ones I took of so I eliminated them. These brakes really grab hard. THe rotors got a tad hot and smoked a bit but I cooled them off by going for a few laps around the block without braking.

Edit: those are the clips in your pic. I did reinstall those. New ones came with the pads. Easy once I figured out the trick to it. I put everything back together and did those last. Used a needle nose pliers to pull on the ear of the brake pad assembly sliding one tab under it. The other side was the same. Took a little tap to get that prong under the cross member, and a little tap in the center to get it behind the housing so its straight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.