DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LHSer could probably best answer my first question (PLEASE!!! :D
i challenged my brother and his new '93 mazda MX-6 (5spd)...keep in mind that it is my YOUNGER brother, so i cant FN LOSE!!!!!! NO, I MUST NOT LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! he just inherited it from some very very kind people...my father just inherited it as his new child, and has been prepping it for the road (needed new tie rods, left rear bearing, struts...clutch, but otherwise is a mean car!)
ANYWAY...it could come to driver error, and i was fairly confident,...but i talked to my father earlier today and he openly challenged the ol' trep, so now it is definitely a race!! driver error is no longer a factor...soooo what do you think my odds are? keep in mind that the car ONCE ran a documented 15.3-something (never again)and usually best runs in the 15.5-15.8 range...what are my chances???
car is stock, care for the usual flowmaster setup and a cooler t'stat, with a holley cone intake...
his is bone stock (or so they say! you never know with my dad...theres prob a supercharger already en-route to my house as we speak)
so what are my odds??? any suggestions??? need help, cause if i lose, ill never hear the end of it!!!! thanks...

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
2.0L I4hp-118 @ 5500 RPM torque(lb-ft)-164 @ 5600 RPM
2.5L V6hp-127 @ 4500 RPM torque(lb-ft)-160 @ 4000 RPM

[ December 15, 2001: Message edited by: pimped3point3 ]

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DAMMIT!!!!!!!! i wont take NO!!!!! ill be shaving some serious weight to alleviate a NO!!!! (doors, seats...trunk and hood will have to go!!!!) sites ive been to say that the 93 MX-6 will run a 15.8....0-60 in about7.8,...sounds close to the trepid...but all iknow is this: i need unfair advantage...my dad could probably take a renault Le car 5-speed...and make it run the 1/4 in under 14 seconds...stock! he shifts faster than the blink of an eye,...worked as a trucker for 10 years, taught me everything i know about cars and driving (including trucks,...i can double clutch cause of him) i NEED to beat him...any suggestions would be nice...i was thinking of losing the hood and making a badass ram air setup/... :D

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Set his braking brake should help. If he is good has you claim i think you will loss. But you never know until you try. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts