DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's my "secret" weapons to keeping my car looking perfect

I give my car quick touchups using Meguiars quick detailer spray. This allows me to get off any "spots" on the paint and keep it looking good bumper to bumper

My second weapon is my favorite, I always keep a supply of Microfibre towels in the car, the ones I have found are Turtle Wax brand but there are a lot of others out there as well. Microfibre takes off any wax overage as well as bugs marks dry or with just a little water added. The advantage of a Microfibre towel is that you could rub the same spot on your paint all day long and the towel will NEVER scratch

My final secret is rim waxing. I wax the rims on my car using Nu Finish liquid wax once a month. This keeps the brake dust from "settling" and can easily be cleaned using a spray from the hose and..yes you guessed it..a microfibre towel

I hope these tips helped. All of them are easy inexpensive tips and all can be done very quickly.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, I forgot to add my interior secret also

Pledge grab-it mitts or Swiffer wipes, you can buy them at any department or grocery store (or borrow them from the household cleanign supplies)

These dry wipes use static to attract all the dust and dirt form the surface ebing cleaned, you simply run you hand over the dash and it looks new again

The biggest advantage of these wipes is that it kills the static on your dash so it stays cleaner longer

I prefer the mitts since you just slide them on your hand and can get right into all the corners easily

·
Registered
489 Posts
good tips joekd :)

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
joekd said:
ok, I forgot to add my interior secret also

Pledge grab-it mitts or Swiffer wipes, you can buy them at any department or grocery store (or borrow them from the household cleanign supplies)

These dry wipes use static to attract all the dust and dirt form the surface ebing cleaned, you simply run you hand over the dash and it looks new again

The biggest advantage of these wipes is that it kills the static on your dash so it stays cleaner longer

I prefer the mitts since you just slide them on your hand and can get right into all the corners easily
I didn't know that Pledge grab-it's and swiffer wipes area good thing to use on the dash. Does it also give it the shiny look?

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
joekd said:

they are both dry wipes which means there are no chemicals used and therefore no shine, just a nice clean dash
Oh ok, thanks for the tips though, I'll be sure to purchase some, and try it out.

·
Registered
583 Posts
For the tiny crevises in the dash and panels, I use a cut acid brush.
Avail. at most autobody supply stores. Take a razor blade and sut off 3/4 of the head. leaving about 1/8 of an inch of brush.
And lets not forget the all mighty Q-Tip!!! for those vents

·
Registered
31 Posts
joekd said:
Been using these for awhile now. Joe is right, they work GREAT! Always keep a few in the glove box. :biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts