DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been thinking about changing the badging on my car from ES to R/T.

I know that there was not an Intrepid R/T in 96, but Dodge defines the R/T like this:
"In every case, whether a car or truck, each Dodge product bearing the R/T name will offer the best combination of performance and affordability of any vehicle in its class."

"The R/T name will have to be earned, not just a production vehicle with the R/T badge and 'go-faster' stripes,"

Jim Julow, Vice President, Dodge Car & Truck Division
I believe that my car does define these things.

I was thinking of using the Chrome R/T logo from the trunk of the 2006 Stratus:

On my rear doors like I have the ES logo now,

I was also thinking of having the headrests done

What do you guys think?

Charles

·
Banned
72 Posts
The question is why would you NOT do this? I mean, why just stop at being a rice boy when you can also be a poser?

Reactions: CDN R/T

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Masked Marauder said:
The question is why would you NOT do this? I mean, why just stop at being a rice boy when you can also be a poser?
After reading some of your other posts and looking at your rep, I will just ignore you.

What is your problem, you mommy didn't hug you as child?

Charles

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Seriously though, for those of us who know. I think we'd all consider it "RICE" in that you are badging your car as something it is not. I know I would laugh at you if I were to see your car out on the road, no offense.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Headrest, Yes. Exterior Badging, No.

I think extra badging is completely overlooked on the outside of the car and often at times can come off "poser-ish", but every little bit extra you do to the interior makes our relatively bland cabin stand out (within reason of course).

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Well Charles Im stuck on this one I think it Might look good but then again the ES badges you have Also make it look great. As for the above post I would not laugh at your car def. Looks way to good for that. Plus your car doesnt have to be an R/T to have the badge like you said it just has to be sporty and that it is. Because my trunk lid says ES and mine is far from an ES but it doenst make it look rice. So with this one go with whatever you want the ES you have looks great on it and I think the R/T would look good on it too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Masked Marauder said:
GOD DAMN...you beat me to the punch!!! :flame:

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Nemitz said:
GOD DAMN...you beat me to the punch!!! :flame:
Masked Marauder said:
When you have two idiots on the boards at the same time can you officially call it an infestation?

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
For some reason, I'm not much into the rebadging thing...I'd probably debadge altogether and keep the car clean. I love the embroidered headrest, but I'd probably go with a nice ramhead or something instead of R/T...but that's just me. You've got one of the cleanest 1st Gens around...I'd most likely try to keep it that way without over-badging. ...but that's just me.

On a side note...wow...look at all the noobie trolls! lol! Nice rep points guys! :biggrin:

·
Registered
265 Posts
You could go get the "limited" badge from discount..... lol ok seriously...... I wouldnt do it. But i like everything clean and shaved.... But it is up to u, If it would look better to u then do it, cause most people would not notice the difference unless they know about mopars.....

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
On one hand, I know you well enough to know that you aren't a "ricer" or a "poser" so I would say go ahead and do it.

On the other hand, not everyone knows you so those people may think you are a "ricer" or a "poser".

But if you had a third hand, how many people are really going to know that there was no R/T in '96?

And if you had even a fourth hand, would you really care if someone thought you were a "ricer" or a "poser"?

I personally like the old school R/T badge. This is what I have on my car.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I say if you like the way it looks do it. It's your car. Personally I think it looks great in the pics. Everybody personalizes their car differently. Some debadge, others rebadge, just don't overbadge. Looks good to you, go for it.

·
Banned
72 Posts
Nemitz! jesus christ it's good to see that at least one other person out there has the balls to call it like it is, and I see your "rep" has also paid the price for it.
Man- call out a clearly riced intrepid here and it's like telling someone their mom is fat- I mean, they may even know it's true but it's just not PC to say it.

So which of the above poor thinkers is your fave? I'm going with the one that said something to the effect of "I know you are not a ricer/poser so go ahead and do it but on the other hand others may not know that" but I'm also tossed up over "If you think it looks good do it" which is the same as saying "If you think it isn't rice, then it isn't."
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Whats with the rice comments? Its not like there are guage pods, huge wings, fart cans, **** like that on mathwiz's car.

Charles, I don't think it is bad thing to do if you like it. Just make sure to add autostick if you do, to be the most authentic.

Me I would probably keep the badging as ES, but everything you have done is the greatest taste, so it would be good IMO either way.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Masked Marauder said:
Nemitz! jesus christ it's good to see that at least one other person out there has the balls to call it like it is, and I see your "rep" has also paid the price for it.
Man- call out a clearly riced intrepid here and it's like telling someone their mom is fat- I mean, they may even know it's true but it's just not PC to say it.

So which of the above poor thinkers is your fave? I'm going with the one that said something to the effect of "I know you are not a ricer/poser so go ahead and do it but on the other hand others may not know that" but I'm also tossed up over "If you think it looks good do it" which is the same as saying "If you think it isn't rice, then it isn't."
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Hey, I understand the need to put a little custom touch to your ride to make it your own but, THESE ARE FULL SIZE SEDANS!!!!! But to tell you the truth, my absolute favorite "wanna be ricer" on this site is Mr. Dodge. Holy ****, check out his ride, it's a rolling advertisement for the automotive section at Wal-Mart. I like the car and so do my kids. Lots of room in the back for them. Watch my rating drop like a brick now!!! SFW

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Masked Marauder said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

So let me get this straight...what you think is the only thing that is right?

I feel sorry for you. I feel sorry for you because you have nothing better in your life to do than to come to this board to do nothing but spew your one sided personal opinions which mean jack **** to any true member of this forum board.

You think it's rice? So the **** what. Who the **** really cares what you think anyways. Asking you what you think about how a particular LH car looks is like asking a gay man what tit he would prefer to suck on. Both just want dick.

Now take off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think it looks great right now. I say leave it as it is. The ES looks just as good, and there are some that are going to consider that a rice move, no matter what. As someone else already stated, yours is one of the nicest gen 1s I have seen, why go changin'? :smile-l:

·
Banned
72 Posts
LOL, warlord you're so funny when you try to make analogies that are completely illogical much less impertinent. And excuse the typos because I'm still laughing hysterically that you don't approve of my "one sided personal opinions". LOL! I'll try to make my personal opinions more on your side then HAHAHAHA!!

OK, let me put it this way- Another forum I hang out on is a forum for a specific type of actual performance cars- not full size sedans. Let's compare today's hot topic there with the hot topic here:

Performance car web site: "Try as I may I still can't break the 12 second barrier despite the mods listed below- I run 13.09 as best time ever. I am wondering what best mod to do is to just break into the 12's without going overboard on about a $1000 budget. Any suggestions?"

Full size car forum website: "I got the wing kit, body kit, 18 inch wheels and smoked tailights, but now I just can't decide whether to get an ES badge or an R/T badge to top it all off."

Man, I'll tell you- if you ever posted something like that on a performance car website- they'd give you a link directly to Bryan's Rice Boy Page!

·
Banned
72 Posts
Well Nemitz, I tried to find Mr Dodge's ride as you describe and can't find a pic of his "whip" and his webpage led to nowhere. Maybe you can post a good link?

I'm new here but I have to say my favorite is probably 00RTMoparMuscle. Here's a guy with everything in his sig pointing to speed and performance and representing mopar performance but then the first day I joined we get into it and he admits intrepids are not performance cars and that making mods to a slow car isn't ricing under certain circumstances!!!! LOL, yeah I'm sure the real mopar musclecars out there would choose this intrepid owner as their spokeperson!!!!! LOL!!!

LOL! Godamn that is funny isn't? An Intrepid as the "spokescar" for mopar muscle!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Oh come on, even 00RT has to admit that is goddamn hilarious!!!!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.