DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if my trep could be considered an R/T. It has a 3.5HO and upgraded wheels. I know that the R/T still has a different suspension and a spoiler i think? I am gonna go to the junkyard tommorow and see if i can find a matching spoiler from another trep. Just wonderin if i was any close to an R/T.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/Emerica2843/Picture001.jpg

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol. Yeah i wanted to find out whats different on it, idk, i was thinking of getting a couple of R/T emblems for it just for the hell of it :smile:

·
Registered
481 Posts
you also need the the ES/RT front bumper. And the r/t had autostick, and if you have the original transmission then the r/t has different gear ratios too. other than that stuff and the suspension, wheels and spoiler. O and i believe the r/t had the r/t logo embroidered on the headrests. The original 2nd gen r/t's were pretty basic like the se, so in theory if you changed all those things u'd have a perfect r/t replica.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im guessign the front bumper just has the fog lamps?

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
spydermanES said:
and if you have the original transmission then the r/t has different gear ratios too.
I'll take the SE gear ratio over the R/T gear ratio any day. I'd like to change to SE gears if it didn't effect the odometer (the speedometer I can calculate in my head).

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so are the SE gears the same as the base model gears from a 2.7?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Emerica2843 said:
I was wondering if my trep could be considered an R/T. It has a 3.5HO and upgraded wheels.
Warlord187 said:
Well, technically you would have to change your VIN. :)
Emerica2843 said:
...i was thinking of getting a couple of R/T emblems for it just for the hell of it :smile:
Another rebadger ?? :tongue:

Aftermarket wheels and badges, yup it's an R/T alright :biglaugh:
You know R/T means Road/Track right, not "R Type". Throw a Vtec logo on it and a couple 'Nitro' stickers... Oh, and at least paint it an original R/T colour.

I suppose you could hang with that '97R/T, Kumiyer and the SRT6 gang :banana:

spydermanES said:
...if you changed all those things u'd have a perfect r/t replica.
and with all the info available on this site... this is the list you come up with ? :barf:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im guessing vtec is something on the 3.5HO engine?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nevermind that...i think im stupid.;...isnt that a honda engine

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
shoot me

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Emerica2843 said:
Nah... the laughter will hurt more.

Sorry dude but this kinda thing grates on me. Not because I have an R/T, but because I work in the auto industry and am a bit of a purist.

People here laugh all day at the RICE re-badgers, I just don't like seeing any LH cars go that way. Mod all you want but don't fool yourself that you've 'converted' the car into something it's not, especially if you only throw a couple cosmetics at it.

At least use the search and look up what differences go into an R/T. You'd nearly be better off buying one than trying to make one.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Agreed CDN.
Not that anything is stopping you from being faster than an R/T, it just never will 'be' an R/T.

What grinds my gears are the people who bastardise old Mopars to make "clones".
A perfect example of that would be to take a base Satellite(like mine) and attempt to make it a Roadrunner or GTX. Sure, it can look like one, perform like one, and all in all feel like one, but it never will 'be' one.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Yeah I dont like it when people make 'clones' either... but using your own creativity and making your car unique is what this whole site is about. Get ur R/T rims and whatnot but just dont call it an R/T....also Swinger is taken too.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
You can call it aything you want, but unless it came with one of these, it's not an R/T.

Damn, my SE was $22,200, my pops got ripped, lol. The last thing he'd want his salesperson to have is an R/T though!

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Emerica2843 said:
I was wondering if my trep could be considered an R/T. It has a 3.5HO and upgraded wheels. I know that the R/T still has a different suspension and a spoiler i think? I am gonna go to the junkyard tommorow and see if i can find a matching spoiler from another trep. Just wonderin if i was any close to an R/T.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/Emerica2843/Picture001.jpg

When did you do the 3.5 swap?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My friends dad who used to Koller Dodge got the car from a friend of one of his mechanics. He did the swap in November of 2005.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts