DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
These threads are useless. Only one way to find out. The RT is no rocket but E36 318 was a slug. But a fun slug with a manual.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Had a friend with a 325i , the car was more nimble and much better balanced than my 01 R/T. Out of the hole using my Autostic I got him every time, hit the twistys it would be all him. Upgraded to 18" wheels and a set of Falkin Zeix tires I narrowed things abit. I think that his car was actually somewhat lighter. Remember BMW = Autobahn . Still a fun matchup....BTW, my 'trep was comfier on the long trips .

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
The 318 could have one of two engines. Both of them are 1.8 (hence the name) straight 4s. The 318i has a SOHC that puts out about 115 hp, the 318is has a DOHC that ups the power to 138. Both cars take over 10 secs to get to 60 though. So you're good to go bro!

·
Registered
56 Posts
personall I would also ask, what year 318? An e36 body 318 is overweight and you should walk it. But if it is an e30 318 then there is a chance i would be close. The original 318 e30 model was developed to appeal to the then sport compact scene in europe. While not over powered it was a decent power in a light car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts