DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

R0meo021 is back.... update.

973 views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  r0meo021 
#1 · (Edited)
Seems i thought my engine was blown... but its only the following that need fixing after the mechanic said " Your engine runs like a charm"
-thermostat
- radiator
- rear engine mount
- tie rod
- front brakes
- exhaust manifold gasket
I sold my rims and nitrous to pay for the repairs. It should be hitting 200,000 afterall. Thanks to the purchasers.

#2 ·
That sucks about the rims. I always liked the looks of your car.... just enough upgrades to make it look sporty without being too overdone and cheap looking like some people do. Yeah, the 2.7's are way more dependable than people give them credit for. Almost 200k? You are an inspiration to all us 2.7 owners.... good job.

#3 ·
cobra65 said:
Yeah, the 2.7's are way more dependable than people give them credit for.
Yeah tell me about it. Every noob I see bash the motor gets his "review" from some 2.7 hater site.

#5 ·
Thanks guys and just to convert the mileage to Kilometers for you foreigners...lol, its at 192,000 miles now and that is 308,994 kilometers. I still have a few tricks up my sleeve. The longer I can hold the 2.7, the more gets accomplished with the 3.5L project. Found a machine shop that will do a complete rebuild for 800. Then I will have the heads, and plenum port/polished and some work to the TB. In that order, I just hope the 2.7 holds out. The car will be paid off in February.

#11 ·
dmondeac said:
welcome back agian rOmeo! When do start the 3.5 buil up?
Its been going on for a while now. I still need a throttle body since that PUNK NAV4LESS stiffed me. I have more time now so as soon as EVERYTHING gets to the mechanic, Im going to do the Extra stuff. That is IF the 2.7 can hold out. I think it runs great though. If you can get me any parts from your connections, PLEASE let me know.
I still need
-the 2001 3.5L engine wiring harness
-left camshaft sprocket
-I want to get the federal ECU like you have
The rest of the stuff I already know where to get.

#12 ·
for the ecu you can get one off car part...then have that place that i listed in another person's thread rebuild it for like 200 bucks then you can take it to the dealership and have them use the drb II to put in ur engine's vin number...for the throttle body i can check at my house i think i have another one and for the engine wire harness i think i still have my old one so i can check that too.

#16 ·
interpretblurple said:
for the ecu you can get one off car part...then have that place that i listed in another person's thread rebuild it for like 200 bucks then you can take it to the dealership and have them use the drb II to put in ur engine's vin number...for the throttle body i can check at my house i think i have another one and for the engine wire harness i think i still have my old one so i can check that too.

Check your house!!! lol, PLEASE... and NO OFFENSE, but PLEASE make sure you can ship it within a month before i send you any cash. and since its "JUST LAYIN AROUND", maybe i can get a super cool, pimped out, OMG, please im broke as heck discount? LOL....

#17 ·
r0meo021 said:
Check your house!!! lol, PLEASE... and NO OFFENSE, but PLEASE make sure you can ship it within a month before i send you any cash. and since its "JUST LAYIN AROUND", maybe i can get a super cool, pimped out, OMG, please im broke as heck discount? LOL....
lmao **** you lmao hahaha no these would be "for that free" as they say around here but yea ill check when it hit home this weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.