DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just comming back from the store tonight (Getting my BarTenders Friend) :) and I came to the light on a dual carrage way here called 44th, anyway all I hear is boom`in like bass from hell.. Turns to my left and its a Eagle.. Vision, no TSi.. There was a guy and a girly, the home-boy was trying to impress..

Anyway, he is doing the usual nudgin forward and I thought it would be a fair race 3.3`s and all, the only thing I have in my favour is the K&N and my Premium Gas... We both slammed it.. and till around 30 mph we where absoultly neck & neck then I started to get
an edge we both stopped around 80mph (Oooops officer, 55 zone) I got 3 1/2 car lengths in front.. We then got to another light, the homey pulled down his window and pushed his
chick back in the seat (LOL) and shouted "3.5 in that?" I said, "No Dude, 3.3 like you" and he said "How the hell then did you get that ****ing lead" I just said "K&N Cone/Premium Gas" he said "Aah Sweet, thanks man, good race" :) Mature racer, I like it.

Obviously a Tsi (WildCat) would of kicked my ass, but when something like that comes its nice to see if your mods have done the trick... :)

Si

·
Registered
220 Posts
Actually Im just a ESI too, but have the 3.5L :)

Back in '93-'95 all you could get in the Vision was the 3.5L, 96-97 they "introduced" the 3.3L to the sales-lagging Vision...

(along with the Autostick transmission, the first Chrysler with Autostick BTW)

Next week on "The History of Eagle" we will discuss the Renualt-built Preimer and why they hell Chrysler would put thier name on a French car... :)

[ August 27, 2001: Message edited by: Wildcat ]

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
If I'm not mistaking, Si's Eagle is a '94, which would mean that your facts aren't entirely correct.

But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Actualy Si has a Concorde Si hence the handle Si :) which had the 3.3 as an available motor from the begining like the 'trep. The 93,94,95 Visions ONLY had the 3.5 motor. Chrysler was marketing it as a "Euro-style performance sedan" so the only sold the bigger motor and they all came with the stiffer suspension, and I believe the all had 4 wheel disc brakes..

'96 and the last year :( '97 the ESI came standard with the 3.3 with the 3.5 as an option that was standard in the TSI.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Oops. :) He'll probably kill me for not remembering he is of the Concorde variety. :)

Oh, and I think he gets the Si from his name being Simon. At least that is what I gather from his and his wife's websites.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My lordy, looky how this thread has expanded! :)

There is all points flowing to, Like I own
a Vision! and I have a Cute Family! and.. that I dont have all round disc brakes :)

I am very disappointed in my other hybrid Trep friend LHSer!.. Tut-tut dude! :) LOL Concorde.. its a Concorde!!!!! :)

Intrepidaious, cute family?!?!?! You realise
how long it took me in photoshop to just get them that far! :) My pic is weird on my wifes site, here is one took a year ago,

click

That will scar ya for life now! :)

Well I am gonna go in my Vision 2 front disc brake 3.5 car now :)

[ August 27, 2001: Message edited by: Si ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts