DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the deal with the drag racing at carlisle? I plan on racing this year no matter what my dad bitches about, so what are the plans? Is everyone going to go to South Mountain again to run 1/8, or are we traveling to run 1/4 somewhere else?

I, for one, prefer the 1/8 mile since thats what I run on every week and what I have the car dialed to run on, but whatever anyone decides, I''m up for it.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gman2000R/T said:
1/4 mile! More track = More fun.
but more track=more time to have to dial in...that just means at the 1/4 mile, i'll have to hit the brakes harder...and the problem with that is on a 1/4 mile, the faster car is ALOT faster than me, and its real hard to judge a car thats flying up on you to still cross the line first.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
340duster said:
but more track=more time to have to dial in...that just means at the 1/4 mile, i'll have to hit the brakes harder...and the problem with that is on a 1/4 mile, the faster car is ALOT faster than me, and its real hard to judge a car thats flying up on you to still cross the line first.

no one cares about you and your bracket racing. I'm up for a 1/4 mile

·
Registered
462 Posts
Justin said:
no one cares about you and your bracket racing. I'm up for a 1/4 mile
There is 1/4 bracket racing also. At most tracks, if you are not into the 9.90s the only time you will run heads up is during time trials.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wrench said:
There is 1/4 bracket racing also. At most tracks, if you are not into the 9.90s the only time you will run heads up is during time trials.
bingo...9/10s chance whatever track we go to will be bracket racing anyway unless its test n tune night...i would just rather know whats goin on;)

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
i was under the assumption that don and most of the guys decided to go to some place not to far away for a 1/4 mile track. im sure don will chime in.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
The Don!® is chiming in.

1/4 mile event at Maple Grove raceway. The reason is that South Mountain is a hole. No scoreboards, no PA, no clue. Besides, it is called the 1320' dance NOT the 660' :eviltongu dance! LOL

Maple Grove is a First Class professional race track. John Force, Tony Shoemaker, Warren (the professor) Johnson and the other real pros race there every year.

I will be making a trial run there in June (17th or 24th) to check out the procedure we will use for the evening. I am leaning towards the 24th instead of the previously scheduled 17th due to a conflict.

BTW It WILL be a test 'n' tune night but I am attempting to set up a bracket runoff for our clubs so that we can have a bracket champion. I need to know IF POSSIBLE the number of people that will attend. I will set up a separate thread for that momentarily.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DScruggs said:
The Don!® is chiming in.

1/4 mile event at Maple Grove raceway. The reason is that South Mountain is a hole. No scoreboards, no PA, no clue. Besides, it is called the 1320' dance NOT the 660' :eviltongu dance! LOL

Maple Grove is a First Class professional race track. John Force, Tony Shoemaker, Warren (the professor) Johnson and the other real pros race there every year.

I will be making a trial run there in June (17th or 24th) to check out the procedure we will use for the evening. I am leaning towards the 24th instead of the previously scheduled 17th due to a conflict.

BTW It WILL be a test 'n' tune night but I am attempting to set up a bracket runoff for our clubs so that we can have a bracket champion. I need to know IF POSSIBLE the number of people that will attend. I will set up a separate thread for that momentarily.
Think the track will allow us to go based on a handicap system, or will it be REAL hard to tell...otherwise we may have to competition eliminator style...index each class and go first to the line no breakout

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
No indexes. Just bracket racing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts