DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me give you a little back story to my car. i bought my first car ever june of 09 a 97 dodge intrepid. i bought it used... and should have expected the issues i would have had. well over 3,000 bucks later my car is finnally the machine i saw when i pulled in to the lot. now doing so i want to turn a few heads with some paint. i plan on doing it the cheep way. sand, prime, paint, and clear.... all with spray paint. lol just wondering if anyone had a few tips on how to make this an amazing paint job

Attachments

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the design i want is, 2 viper style stripes down the center with a bit of a twist. on the outside they get thicker as they get closer to the window. and the center will stay straight.

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well the only problem with the blue. is the white that is on my car. the paint has faded and gotten dull. and putting blue on it would make it look even duller. the black and white would make the white stand out. i have thought the color out. as far as not flaring i wanted to follow the geography of the car. on the hood the center is higher and fans out, i wanted the paint to follow that. the R/T badges are not a bad idea though. maybe even a MOPAR symbol as well

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks cant wait to do. lol i need to get some money so im waiting till after my birthday in april. but ill be planning and doing sketches from now till then and ill see if i can post more pictures. how do u post pictures in a reply?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Why not then just paint the "bulge" on the hood a semi gloss black.

Google a 71 superbee and mabe even copy the cowl stripe down the sides as well

Just don't make it look like a chevelle or comaro...thats just wrong!

·
Registered
19,541 Posts
Just don't make it look like a chevelle or comaro...thats just wrong!
Hey does my car look like a chevelle or a camaro? Funny, cuz I overheard a guy at a gas station talking about my car. He didn't know I was standing behind him... he says to another guy; "why would someone put a dodge ramhead symbol on a camaro?" lol

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
actually im going to make it look like intrep_Ed's except its a 1st gen. though the super bee was a great car. im not sure im a big fan of the paint job. i really do appreciate the ideas though. and whats wrong with comaro stripes? i think the comaro is a crazy amazing car

·
Registered
19,541 Posts
can anyone answer how i add pictures in thread?
Go to photobucket.com and create an account. Follow the instructions on uploading pics, then once you have your pics on photobucket, you can copy the link to it and paste it right in your text here.

Pics must have this before the link:

Hope this helps! Photobucket is the most popular picture hosting site, but there are others.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts