DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 Intrepid w/ a 3.5 V6. The radiator fan fuse keeps blowing. The fuse blows as soon as you turn the ignition on, it just pops. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
530 Posts
replace radiator fan? switch high and low speed fan connectors tosee if it is fan?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Not to get too basic, but you blow a fuse because you are drawing to much current. If it blows as soon as the car is started and the engine is cool. Then you have a short.
Try removing the high and low speed fan relays. If the fuse dosen't blow, then the problem is after those circuits. Try spinning the fan blades with the car off.

·
Registered
223 Posts
your not the only one with this problem. sofar I have opened up my harness from the fuse block to the right side of the radiater, changed out the engine harness. I am still blowing fuses on this circuit. I am looking now to see if there is a problem with the pcm or the wireing on that side of the circuit. All you can really do is trace the wire for that circuit, it is light green with a black tracer. It starts in the plug just above the fuses in the side of the dash. mine was completly burned from that point to the right side of the rad. I will follow your post to see if you come up with anything I may have missed.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts